The Gold Hills Posse had its first meeting in May 2002, and is based out of Granite Bay, California. The Posse is open to all individuals, regardless of where they live and what type of four-wheel drive they own.
- 4WD vehicle in well-maintained condition meeting the club minimum requirements.
- Primary member must be at least 21 years of age (possible exceptions).
The Posse is definitely family oriented, but having a family is not a requirement.
- Unite those with a love of four-wheeling, hiking, and the outdoors.
- Offer outings where friends, spouses, and children can attend and feel welcome.
- Schedule runs and hikes rated Easy to Very Difficult, so there is something for everybody.
- Share knowledge and experience and assist those new to four-wheeling and hiking the Sierras.
The Gold Hills Posse is geared for the mature four-wheeler who believes in driving and acting responsibly.
- Expect every run to be extreme.
- Expect to use illegal drugs during Club functions (remember, this is a family club).
- Drink while driving or drive under the influence.
- Believe four-wheeling must include attempting to break parts, tearing-up terrain, and trying to roll your vehicle, etc.
- Habitually use profanity, particularly around children.
The Gold Hills Posse will not be a macho, dare-devil club where you will be criticized for driving too slowly, exercising caution, or taking by-passes (to go around difficult/body damaging sections of a trail). It will be a fun, family oriented club where spouses, friends, and children will want to go along.
4×4 runs and hikes will be described in advance in terms of difficulty, so those with younger children or less-modified vehicles can plan accordingly or wait for a more suitable trip.
Activities include site-seeing/trail rides rated from Easy (logging trails) to Difficult (Rubicon, Fordyce), hiking, snowmobiling, snow-play days, camping trips, barbecues, parties, toy runs, exploring ghost towns, trail clean-ups, and 4×4 repair/modification days.
Most runs will be announced a minimum of 1-2 months in advance, except for weekend trips – which will be announced further in advance for planning purposes. Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible for us to commit to specific dates too far in advance, due to hectic lifestyles (kids, sports, etc.).
Runs will also sometimes take place on short notice – “hey, it’s snowing – let’s go!”, etc.
You will be considered an official member when you have attended three meetings AND three runs or events, OR six runs or events within a twelve-month period. A run or event is considered to be official if it is scheduled on the Posse calendar and if a minimum of four vehicles are in attendance with at least two members present.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, give us a call or attend the next meeting. You will be acknowledged and welcomed.
Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month at 7:30 pm at Round Table Pizza, 8755 Sierra College Blvd. #B, Roseville, CA 95661. Phone: 916-791-7288. Directions: South of Douglas Blvd. On East side of Sierra College Blvd.
However, 2 meetings each year are held at the On The Road Trucks location at 6025 Pacific St, Rocklin, CA 95677, so please check the calendar for meeting details.
Ride with the Posse, its forming up!