Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
October 19, 2008
3:03 pm

My pictures are up: https://posse4x4.org/gallery/20.....anup_Keane

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

October 19, 2008
3:04 pm

"JohnDF" wrote: You guys should have seen Keane throwing wood in the bypasses. Now I know why the sides of his shed are buried in fire wood lol

If it wasn't rotten I might have had to add some of it to my collection! lol

October 20, 2008
12:51 am
RobD
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 1721
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

So how many times have you guys closed that bypass this year? Anyone want to bet that it will be reopened by the end of the month lol Deer season is going on, and the hunters will move your logs out of the ways.....

October 20, 2008
1:29 am

"RobD" wrote: Deer season is going on, and the hunters will move your logs out of the ways.....

That's what we're figuring too. Next year, concrete, bollards, and signs. 👿

October 20, 2008
3:10 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 6982

In bender's picture (3rd from the bottom), look near the top of the pic. The tree is completely broken off and leaning on a tree next to it. The tree is about 60 ft tall below the break, and more than 30ft above it. That section would easily kill someone if it fell on them. And. Larry was kind enough to kick a big log down the hill that ran into it. 😀 We had a lot of people watching, but no one got hurt or did anything dangerous with that tree.

October 20, 2008
3:18 pm

"BKGM Jeepers" wrote: Larry was kind enough to kick a big log down the hill that ran into it.

UHHHH got any prooff!!! 🙄

October 20, 2008
9:13 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
October 21, 2008
4:20 am

First of all, Sorry for the late write up. I got home late last night.

Attendees:
Brad & John - TJ
Larry & Keane - CJ7
Fred & Teddi - TJ
Ryan & Eric - Toyota Pickup
Joe & Sue - TJ
Lee - TJ

Thanks to everyone that was able to make the fall maintenance run on Saturday.

We started out with one group going up the 88 side and the other went up the 50 side. We got a lot of work done as you will read. The 1st colvert on the 50 side was starting to become exposed due to water erosion. We decided to build a wall of wood and rocks over the top of it. Once the wall was built, we moved on to the Water Fall section. Everyone made it over except Lee. He had to take a strap from Joe to get over the medium section. Next we moved out to V-Rock (way too easy now). The group from th 88 side met up with us and said that the top was in pretty good shape. We decided to stop and have lunch. At this point, Ryan and Eric had to leave to go pick up Ryan's wife. After lunch we made it to Pinch Rock and noticed that the bypass blockage had been removed and moved out of the way. So we moved the trees back into the trail length wise instead of across it. After we fixed the far end of the bypass, we pulled more trees to the top of that section and laid them across the bypass area. We then moved on to the front section. We rolled more logs and rocks into the trail to block the front entrence. Someone is going to have to go to a lot of work to get through that bypass section now. I think we may need to get some concrete, rebar and signs to really make the point that the bypass is CLOSED not just another obsticle. At this point, we truned back around to go back down (toward 50). Brad and John made it all the way down the trail in neutral, Lee got yet another flat tire (Love those 10" wheels). Everyone aired back up and Brad, John, Keane, Larry, Fred & Teddi went to dinner. Lee, Joe & Sue went camping at Wentworth Springs.

Thanks again to everyone that was there. And a special thanks to Keane for taking pictures!

See you in the spring!

October 21, 2008
3:09 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

Thanks Lee. Nice write up.

Is it possible to pair the write up with some pics over in the trail run section?

October 21, 2008
4:08 pm

is it an illusion or did pinch rock move? it looks real wide now. 😕

October 21, 2008
4:30 pm
JohnDF

Club Member
Forum Posts: 9523

Brad pushed it over about 3 feet with his tires 😀

I used to wheel a lot. . .

October 21, 2008
5:18 pm
Fred
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 3609

"BKGM Jeepers" wrote: Is it possible to pair the write up with some pics over in the trail run section?

Let me know how you want the pictures paired up with the text and I'll get it posted over to the trail run section.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3047
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1687
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1392
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 135
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4221
Newest Members:
Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon, [email protected], Rogersuisy, TacoDan, Topliner
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6982, Lynda and Guy: 194, kris_olof: 1080, Jamie (K6NUB): 720
Administrators: k-jeep: 2220
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: Guy and Lynda, TravisL'11JK, Mike G, Krawlman, Robert & Amber