Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
July 19, 2009
5:35 pm
bigih

Was up on your trail this last Saturday. The trail was in nice shape, only found a couple of crushed beer cans and a harmonic balancer :wtf: . Just an fyi, noticed a couple greenies around the large creek crossing with their cameras. They didn't look like the type interested in 4x4's yet they wanted to shoot pics of us as we came through. We asked not to be photographed, but I'm sure they got a couple anyway. Only saw two or three other rigs, so hopefully they didn't get many pics.

Thanks for maintaining this trail, it's a fun little trail with some spectacular views.

[Image Can Not Be Found]
[Image Can Not Be Found]
[Image Can Not Be Found]
[Image Can Not Be Found]
[Image Can Not Be Found]

July 19, 2009
11:10 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 6985
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thanks for the post and the observations of photographers. The major water crossing on that trail has a lot of run off in the spring and would require some serious work if we were required to modify it. I sure hope not.

July 21, 2009
1:12 am
JohnDF

Club Member
Forum Posts: 9523

Thanks for posting that. Nice pics too.

I used to wheel a lot. . .

August 1, 2009
1:49 pm
Fred
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 3609

I just ran across this on the Pirate board - http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthre ... st10130537

There seems to be some confusion over who's adopted Strawberry Trail. Or can more than one club adopt a trail?

August 1, 2009
2:24 pm
JohnDF

Club Member

I responded to the post. Hope nobody minds that. I also PMed Del to make him aware. I'd sure like to know how a trail can be double assigned without the original adopting club being notified. Maybe it was the switch of administartion. Did Larry ever get ahold of that lady?

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Fred.

August 1, 2009
3:39 pm
JohnDF

Club Member

It looks like there may have been misinformation. Del is not 100% sure of the trail, but he thinks it was Strawberry. We probably need Larry to contact the FS to make sure we are still the current adoptees.

August 1, 2009
5:48 pm

I talked to Larry and it sounds like he's sent stuff and made calls but hasn't had much luck talking to someone in a while. If Del or anyone has contact info for the top of the food chain he'll make some calls.

August 3, 2009
9:14 pm

:rant: Over the last few months I have been playing tag with Forest Service trying to find out who the new liaison was. I was told that Ron Hancock wasn’t’ that person anymore. After a few emails and many phone calls, I wasn’t able to locate the new person, or had any luck finding someone that knew who was the new person. Long story short, Mr. Hancock is still our guy. I talked with him today. We talked about Strawberry, and the rumor that it had been given to the mother lode group. In discussing it, he said because of the length of time he hadn’t heard from us, he figured we didn’t want it anymore and that he gave it away…….. :rant:

JUST KIDDING: mr-green the trail is still ours, and will be until we say that we don’t want to care for it anymore. If there had been any talk of changing clubs, he would have asked and confirmed it with us first. We are in no danger of losing this trail. And he hasn’t heard of the other club taking on any trails, much less strawberry.

He did discuss with me a potential problem that he heard about on the pirate board, someplace that the road looked to be washing out. He is going to try and take a ride up there in the next week, and will let me know if there is anything that needs our immediate attention. I would love to run up there myself and take a look, but would be at least 3 or 4 weeks. I am moving this month so I will not have time to do it.

August 3, 2009
9:22 pm

Thanks Larry. I'm sure we could find someone to give him a tour if he wanted.

August 3, 2009
9:27 pm

"Bender" wrote: Thanks Larry. I'm sure we could find someone to give him a tour if he wanted.

He wasn't looking for a tour with one of us, or at least he didn't mention that. He was going to ride up with one of his co-workers. But if someone could go with him, I think it would be a great idea.

August 3, 2009
9:58 pm
Fred
Subscriber

I wonder if he's talking about that section where you guys shored up around that culvert last fall (at least I think there was a culvert there).

August 3, 2009
10:00 pm
Fred
Subscriber

"GonZo" wrote: Long story short, Mr. Hancock is still our guy.

That's good news. Thanks for following up.

August 3, 2009
10:20 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

Who did the spring write up get sent to? That would have surely showed we were still interested and managing the trail.

August 3, 2009
10:28 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

Also, I was e-mailing Ron on other issues (non-club related) and asked some follow up questions. If he responds to them, I'll post them here.

August 3, 2009
10:29 pm

"FAM" wrote: I wonder if he's talking about that section where you guys shored up around that culvert last fall (at least I think there was a culvert there).

Not sure, when we saw that spot this spring it was in great shape. He said he saw some pictures on the Pirate board under a heading strawberry trail, and didn't reconize the spot so he thought he would take a ride up there.

August 3, 2009
10:31 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

"GonZo" wrote: rant Over the last few months I have been playing tag with Forest Service trying to find out who the new liaison was. I was told that Ron Hancock wasn’t’ that person anymore. After a few emails and many phone calls, I wasn’t able to locate the new person, or had any luck finding someone that knew who was the new person. Long story short, Mr. Hancock is still our guy. I talked with him today. We talked about Strawberry, and the rumor that it had been given to the mother lode group. In discussing it, he said because of the length of time he hadn’t heard from us, he figured we didn’t want it anymore and that he gave it away…….. rant

JUST KIDDING: mr-green the trail is still ours, and will be until we say that we don’t want to care for it anymore. If there had been any talk of changing clubs, he would have asked and confirmed it with us first. We are in no danger of losing this trail. And he hasn’t heard of the other club taking on any trails, much less strawberry.

He did discuss with me a potential problem that he heard about on the pirate board, someplace that the road looked to be washing out. He is going to try and take a ride up there in the next week, and will let me know if there is anything that needs our immediate attention. I would love to run up there myself and take a look, but would be at least 3 or 4 weeks. I am moving this month so I will not have time to do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If he mentions that he is planning to go up there, you should be offering him a ride! if you did not, or cannot, please contact him back and tell him SOMEONE from our club can help him out. I can do it if no one else can. It is important we are working very close with the USFS on the trail. Our efforts have already saved the trail from closure once before. Let me know if I can help out.

August 3, 2009
10:33 pm

"BKGM Jeepers" wrote: Who did the spring write up get sent to? That would have surely showed we were still interested and managing the trail.

I did a small write up and sent it to Ron. I even got a read receipt on it. But when I talked with him today, he said he hadn't recieved any of the emails I had sent to him. I just tried a test email again, he said if he recieved it he would respond back.

August 3, 2009
11:53 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

Good test e-mail idea.

I think they did some type of shuffle in resources, and then changed some back. That's what left us stranded. It really surprizes Ron would re-assign the trail without e-mailing any of us!

August 4, 2009
6:09 am

I just wanted to lend a hand in the future if I can be of any help. I have very good relations with most of the Districts in the Eldorado Natioanl Forest, especially with the Placerville District. I have phone and email addresses for all forest service employees if you need to contact them.

I am WLDWUN on pirate, and also did talk with Ron Hancock this morning.
He is a great guy to work with , and we are putting togeth a project with him of North South road for September 26th.

If he wants to get out to look at your adopted trail, I encourage you to take him there if you can. There is nothing better than
spending time with the people that truely have input on the trail we want to retain forever.

Keep up the good work and let me know if I can help out

Rick Ferdon
[email protected]

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

August 4, 2009
2:00 pm

"Friends of Eldorado" wrote: I just wanted to lend a hand in the future if I can be of any help. I have very good relations with most of the Districts in the Eldorado Natioanl Forest, especially with the Placerville District. I have phone and email addresses for all forest service employees if you need to contact them.

I am WLDWUN on pirate, and also did talk with Ron Hancock this morning.
He is a great guy to work with , and we are putting togeth a project with him of North South road for September 26th.

If he wants to get out to look at your adopted trail, I encourage you to take him there if you can. There is nothing better than
spending time with the people that truely have input on the trail we want to retain forever.

Keep up the good work and let me know if I can help out

Rick Ferdon
[email protected]

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

Thanks Rick. Just might take you up on that in the future.

August 4, 2009
2:03 pm

I was finally able to get a hold of Ron thru email. And have put in a request to ride with him on the 14th of August. If he is un able to do that, I told him there is interest from other members to ride up with him. I will let you know what he says.

August 4, 2009
2:50 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

Thanks Rick for offering the help.

Larry, What's with the 14th? Is that the date Ron said he'd be up there? Let me know and I'll take the day off and head up there as well.

August 4, 2009
2:54 pm

"BKGM Jeepers" wrote: Thanks Rick for offering the help.

Larry, What's with the 14th? Is that the date Ron said he'd be up there? Let me know and I'll take the day off and head up there as well.

The 14th is the only day in the next month, month and half, I have to take the time to go up there. If that doesn't work for him, I will find a day that does, and see if someone else can go with him. I will let you know.

August 4, 2009
2:57 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

"GonZo" wrote: [quote="BKGM Jeepers"]Thanks Rick for offering the help.

The 14th is the only day in the next month, month and half, I have to take the time to go up there. If that doesn't work for him, I will find a day that does, and see if someone else can go with him. I will let you know.

I can go whenevever he's headed up there so let me know the date,and tell him our club will help him out. I know that Lee has a week day off and others should as well.

August 5, 2009
2:45 am
bigih

I know I'm not a member of your club, but if you need someone to make a run up there during the week, I might be able to do it. I'm a state employee so my work week has been reduced, so I've got time 😕 . I really enjoy the trail so would like to help any way I can.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3048
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1690
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1394
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 136
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4224
Newest Members:
[email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon, [email protected], Rogersuisy, TacoDan
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6985, Lynda and Guy: 194, kris_olof: 1082, Jamie (K6NUB): 722
Administrators: k-jeep: 2221
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: Jeff_R, Krawlman, 2013JKUR, Robert & Amber, HaZaRdZoNe