Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Strawberry Trail Maintenance Run - Sat. Jun. 10, 2023
February 9, 2023
11:38 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member
Forum Posts: 428
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Saturday June 10, 2023 will be our first trail maintenance run of the year on Strawberry Pass Trail. This is the trail the club sponsors. The fall run will be held on a Sunday in an attempt to accommodate people's schedules and there may be other opportunities throughout the summer. To maintain member status you must make at least 1 trail maintenance run a year. Our key goals for this run are bucking trees down in the area and surveying the trail for rebuild planning if still needed. We will use the club's HAM PosseV2 frequency for communications, so bring your HAM radios.

Meet at the Subway/Shell station in Pollock Pines off of Hwy 50 and Sly Park exit at 8:30am. We will meet and after a quick drivers meeting will head up to the trailhead about 9:00am.

Pollock Pines Subway/Shell Station
6529 Pony Express Trail
Pollock Pines
CA 95726

Please take photos of former obstacles and leave GPS tagging on in your phones to contribute to the rebuild.

Things to bring:

-Trash bags

-Gloves

-Loppers/hand saw 

-Chainsaw (please only USFS certified operators, no exceptions) and safety gear (chaps, eye protection, ear protection)

-Crowbars/breaker bars

-Shovel

-Water

-Lunch

February 10, 2023
8:05 am
JohnDF

Club Member
Forum Posts: 9523

Looking forward to it. 

I used to wheel a lot. . .

February 12, 2023
9:27 am
Sloguy

Club Member
Forum Posts: 365

Will not be in town for this.  Have Fun!

February 13, 2023
6:46 am
Guy and Lynda

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1360

We're in, have valid chainsaw cert.

February 13, 2023
12:45 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

This is on my calendar to attend. I took the chainsaw class and believe I earned the cert... just haven't received it yet due to ?? Might have it by then... but not counting on it. Ill bring some hand tools and trashbags.

February 14, 2023
7:21 am
Jamie (K6NUB)
Fiddletown

Club Webmaster
Forum Posts: 722

I know Kyle moved on, but maybe if you reach out he can tell you who to contact: [email protected]

He confirmed my name and address in late may and I think I got the card in the mail in early May.

Folsom4Rnr (Brian) said
This is on my calendar to attend. I took the chainsaw class and believe I earned the cert... just haven't received it yet due to ?? Might have it by then... but not counting on it. Ill bring some hand tools and trashbags.

K6NUB

February 15, 2023
6:37 am
Guy and Lynda

Club Member

Folsom4Rnr (Brian) said

Brian,

You will also need a valid CPR/FA/AED certification as well...

February 15, 2023
4:40 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

Jamie (K6NUB) said
I know Kyle moved on, but maybe if you reach out he can tell you who to contact: [email protected]

He confirmed my name and address in late may and I think I got the card in the mail in early May.

Yeah, I followed up with Kyle twice about it and each time he said he'd let the new person know. I'm guessing the rotation of people through the post didn't help and Tim told me at the last club meeting that the new one (Linda??) has been busy with the cabin owners regarding the fire... I messaged Tim to see if he could help... will keep trying, but worst case scenario, Ill just redo the class next time its offered.

Guy and Lynda said
Brian,

You will also need a valid CPR/FA/AED certification as well...

Yes... and I have it. I emailed Kyle my cert while standing in his office on that Saturday training day.

February 18, 2023
5:58 pm
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member
Forum Posts: 300

We will be there

February 27, 2023
1:19 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1690

Due to Covid the chainsaw certifications were extended. Are we still good or do we need to recertify this spring before this maintenance run? Due to the combination of heavy snow this year and prior year fire damage, there may be a lot of down trees that require clearing.

March 2, 2023
12:18 pm
kris_olof
El Dorado

Club Trailmaster
Forum Posts: 1082

Jeff_R said
Due to Covid the chainsaw certifications were extended. Are we still good or do we need to recertify this spring before this maintenance run? Due to the combination of heavy snow this year and prior year fire damage, there may be a lot of down trees that require clearing.

I believe the COVID policy was a 1 year extension.  So saw training received prior to COVID is good for 4 years.  All Certifications post COVID are back to 3 years.  

I know Guy and Linda and Drew are good.  Probably also Tim.  I am expired though so will be doing the training again this spring when it is offered.  I will post up when classes are announced. 

March 2, 2023
1:51 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Okay, thanks Kris.

May 29, 2023
7:35 pm
Jeff L

Club Member
Forum Posts: 20

I will able to make it, never cleared a trail but how hard can it be??

May 30, 2023
9:07 am
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 6986

kris_olof said

Jeff_R said

I believe the COVID policy was a 1 year extension.  So saw training received prior to COVID is good for 4 years.  All Certifications post COVID are back to 3 years.  

I know Guy and Linda and Drew are good.  Probably also Tim.  I am expired though so will be doing the training again this spring when it is offered.  I will post up when classes are announced. 

Brad is good too. He took the class last year.

May 30, 2023
1:12 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

kris_olof said

Jeff_R said

Tyler from FS found my chain saw cert on Kyle’s old desk and mailed it to me. So I’m legit to go with my saw and I’m still planning on attending. Looking forward to seeing Strawberry. 

May 31, 2023
6:47 am
Guy and Lynda

Club Member

Yes, Lynda & I are current. Last Saturday, we did a snow run up Strawberry. We didn't make it too far before we turned around, but didn't find any trees that blocked the trail, which doesn't mean there won't be, but for the most part, it was relatively clear. There's a lot of water running down the trail & a lot of snow above the trail, which will force us to try to divert water & rocks. Shovels & bars will be must-have tools to bring.

June 4, 2023
8:24 am
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member
Forum Posts: 300

Dang it, helping a friend move on Saturday. Can’t make it

June 4, 2023
11:09 am
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

Spring trail maintenance run is next weekend. I wanted to check and see who’s in and to look out for at the Shell station.

So far it looks like JohnDF, Guy and Lynda (chain saw cert), JLight, and myself (chain saw cert) posted that we will be there. If you are attending, please post up. Thanks

June 4, 2023
12:56 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

I'm planning to attend and will advise if something changes.

June 4, 2023
2:02 pm
Chris Campbell

Club Member
Forum Posts: 157

I'm working.  If something changes, I'll let you know.

June 4, 2023
7:56 pm
NoService4xe
Placerville
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 14

Does the threat of thunderstorms change our plans to go this Saturday? 

June 4, 2023
9:25 pm
Josh

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1631

I’m out. Have family visiting from out of state. Hope to catch the next one. 

Semper Fi

June 5, 2023
6:27 am
Guy and Lynda

Club Member

Confirmed, we'll be there. 

June 5, 2023
8:56 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Didn't someone mention at the last meeting they needed to do their member BBQ? This is an opportunity.

June 5, 2023
10:08 am
ScottV - K3SLV

Club Member
Forum Posts: 213

I'll be there with what tools I have for trimming and cutting.

So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. >`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. >

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3049
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1690
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1394
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 137
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4225
Newest Members:
arnoldelsey954, [email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon, [email protected], Rogersuisy, TacoDan
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6986, Lynda and Guy: 195, kris_olof: 1082, Jamie (K6NUB): 722
Administrators: k-jeep: 2222
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: Jeff_R, 2013JKUR, Robert & Amber, HaZaRdZoNe