Skip to content

Newbie Rubicon Run?

  1. Guest former user
    #2621 Feb 2012, 12:39 PM

    Wow i remember that trip...got all the way to ellis and had to turn around. it felt like i was driving out of a lake when we left wentworth springs... so much snow melt. If we do this trip are we trying to camp at rubicon springs??? i think as long as everyone is on 33" and larger tires and brings a spare rear axle we should be able to make it.



    Rob: I hope your right and we do end up getting snow this march and april bacause if we dont i will of wasted money on a season pass and wont have a very good spring rafting 🙁

  2. Guest former user
    #2721 Feb 2012, 4:28 PM

    if my tj is here im in for this

    still workin on the build list for the xj if xj is ready it goes

    plus depending on date

    gonna do harrison to nahatlatch run (British Columbia)

    dammit im goin in somethin 😀

  3. Guest former user
    #2822 Feb 2012, 3:19 AM
    "Path 88" wrote: We were thinking early in the season like April, weather dependant of course. This run is being put on by Joe and co-lead by me as a give back to the club. If this is being opened up to outside forums we will require help from those who have opened it up.[quote="BKGM Jeepers"]Kevin,
    Is this something you'd take your JKU on? I've got a couple of other stock JK/JKU's interested and it would be good for them to follow a stock jeep to see how you make lines, etc...



    This has the potential to be a huge event if everyone who has wanted to run the Rubicon but has never been able to shows up, we will be very overwhelmed.



    Tell me what you think about a weekend in April (Sat/Sun Run)



    HI, I am back to comment on the stir I've started. Jeff and I are in agreement with every thing i've read. The date... I believe sooner is better if the conditions allow. The main reason is those who have not driven the trail before may find themselves and their rigs capable and want to come back again without waiting until later in the season and and think Damm .. Why didn't I do this sooner. I missed the cool part of the season. Or... This is not for me, I'm glad I did this now, I'll plan to go elsewhere this summer.

    I had planed to go in early and set up camp at Little Sluice so we would have a destination and have only to worry about traveling the trail. I want the the first timers to go at their own pace. Depending on participation and trail conditions this could change to Ellis Creek. We will need help. I would like to have at least two others commit to staying with the group until everyone is off the trail and a camp "sitter" if we decide on Little Sluice. This is being planned as an overnite trip to allow for "Uh-ohs". Since I am waiving min. requirements with the exceptions of recovery points I expect this to be a very long w/e if Little Sluice, Ellis Creek not so much.

    I know we need to set a date soon to allow everyone to plan.

    Josh has said anytime after mid April with a few weeks notice is ok for him. Tom, any best guess when you might be ready ? Anyone else?

    I would like to Not go on Fathersday W/E if we have an early season, too many groups and clubs for a first timer run.

    First timers, please come as prepared as you can. Bring spares,fluids etc. if you have them. We will try to keep you and your rig safe but we cannot promise it. I would expect a few bumps and bruises, especially the underside. Those short arm lower control arm brackets are going to get a work out. If you weld skids to them be sure to weld them to the axle also. It really helps the stock brackets hold up.

  4. Guest former user
    #2922 Feb 2012, 5:43 AM

    If its april i need about a months notice so i can request the days off and head north. Other than that I would love to help....

  5. Tom Subscriber
    #3022 Feb 2012, 6:59 AM
    "jsmorrow" wrote: Tom, any best guess when you might be ready ?

    My plan is to have the XJ trail ready 🎉 (and showing off all the work :hack: :weld: ) by our April 12th meeting. 😁

    =====

    If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading -- Lao Tzu
  6. BKGM Jeepers started this President Joined: June 2003
    #3122 Feb 2012, 7:43 AM

    I think many of the questions were answered. One other that I had was the days of the week. Will this be a Fri-Sat run or a Sat-Sun run?

    Kathleen and Brad
  7. Josh Subscriber
    #3222 Feb 2012, 8:38 PM
    "BKGM Jeepers" wrote: I think many of the questions were answered. One other that I had was the days of the week. Will this be a Fri-Sat run or a Sat-Sun run?



    I'm open ether way. Since I'm the new be I'll take of work if needed. I really want to do this.

    Semper Fi
  8. Guest former user
    #3322 Feb 2012, 9:35 PM

    I will be there if I get the schedule figured out. The sooner the date is set the better. Sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks.

  9. Tom Subscriber
    #3423 Feb 2012, 6:28 AM

    I'm with Josh. There's enough vacation time accrued for me that I'm being encouraged to take it by both my manager AND my doctor.

    =====

    If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading -- Lao Tzu
  10. Guest former user
    #3523 Feb 2012, 2:54 PM

    I'll need to check on a few things first before I will commit to a Friday/Saturday run. I was not going to do this because I thought it would be too much to ask of others considering the support I am asking for. To spend the money and 2 days doing what most of us do in a few hours and to take time off work seemed to be a lot to ask. I will see if i can talk some other non members into helping out with this run. I do agree about the traffic on W/E's.

  11. Jeff- that guy with the foolsize Subscriber
    #3628 Feb 2012, 8:17 PM

    I need it to be a Sat-Sunday run so I don't have to take 2 days off work. I currently work Monday-Saturday. 😤

  12. Guest former user
    #3729 Feb 2012, 12:31 AM

    OK this will be a Sat/Sun run. With the storm here now I think April may be out of the question. I prefer to wait until we have a better idea of what we have in the way of conditions rather than set and postpone dates in keeping with the " sooner " rather than " later " date 'ish' for this run.

Sign in to post here.