Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
September 17, 2011
6:35 am

Just thought to pass this on. There is a coupon to get this for $299, but I can't find it anymore.

Not expected to really last that long, but hey...I can't argue the price for that size...

September 17, 2011
12:40 pm
JohnDF

Club Member
Forum Posts: 9523
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

A winch is not the place where you want to save money. If you get into a situation where you need a winch, you'll be very glad you spent the money to buy something dependable. Go prepared, Go Warn.

I used to wheel a lot. . .

September 17, 2011
2:24 pm

"JohnDF" wrote: A winch is not the place where you want to save money. If you get into a situation where you need a winch, you'll be very glad you spent the money to buy something dependable. Go prepared, Go Warn.

Could agree more.

September 17, 2011
4:40 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 6994

I run a T-Max on one jeep and a Warn on the other. Also had a Ramsey on my Gray TJ. All worked excellently.

The entry level Warn is made in the EXACT same factory as the Harbor Freight winch. It is in China. This is the same factory making specific models for Mile Marker, Smitty Built, Warn, T-Max, Superwinch, and nearly every off-brand.

I've seen the 12K winch for $300, and had a 20% of one item coupon. That would be $240 for it!

Cheaper winches make up for inferior components through lower gearing. This means the winch will usually work fine but be slower than a comparable more expensive model, but that doesn't consider what happens if it gets wet from rain (and seals leaking) or being submerged.

For $240 you can go through three harbor freight winches for less than one 12K Warn. If you get the extended warranty for $40, you have a better warranty than the Warn too!

September 17, 2011
11:29 pm
JohnDF

Club Member

From what I can tell, Warn "M" series uses a Bosch motor made in Germany. As far as the electronics go, only the remote switch itself is made in China. Everything else is made, manufactured, and assembled in Oregon.

But this may be old information and things may have changed.

September 17, 2011
11:46 pm

As they saying goes.... "You get what you pay for." I surely wasn't meaning this Badlands could perform any equal footing to Warn. Fact is that its a cheaper priced option for the rating. May be just find for simply moving cut trees for the woodpile. 😀 My apologies in sparking.

September 17, 2011
11:55 pm
JohnDF

Club Member

"Wh1t3Nukle" wrote: My apologies in sparking.

Don't be sorry, we love "discussing" stuff.

September 18, 2011
1:27 am

"JohnDF" wrote: [quote="Wh1t3Nukle"]My apologies in sparking.

Don't be sorry, we love "discussing" stuff.

No kidding that isn't even a spark from this group. 😀

I don't know much about the cheaper winches, but my Warn was awesome.

September 18, 2011
2:14 am
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 6994

"JohnDF" wrote: From what I can tell, Warn "M" series uses a Bosch motor made in Germany. As far as the electronics go, only the remote switch itself is made in China. Everything else is made, manufactured, and assembled in Oregon.

There is now an two new series below the M series. I was referring to those rather than the one they've been making for quite a while.
Sorry for the confusion.

September 18, 2011
2:50 am
JohnDF

Club Member

"BKGM Jeepers" wrote: [quote="JohnDF"]From what I can tell, Warn "M" series uses a Bosch motor made in Germany. As far as the electronics go, only the remote switch itself is made in China. Everything else is made, manufactured, and assembled in Oregon.

There is now an two new series below the M series. I was referring to those rather than the one they've been making for quite a while.
Sorry for the confusion.

Okay, I am not really familiar with the newer/lower series.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3050
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1703
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1397
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 139
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4234
Newest Members:
guy67x8010703593, liliaridenour1, Robertwer, [email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6994, Lynda and Guy: 196, kris_olof: 1088, Jamie (K6NUB): 724
Administrators: k-jeep: 2225
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: Timfountain63CJ5