Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
ELDORADO FOREST 2013 OFF-HIGHWAY GRANT APPLICATION
February 4, 2013
10:03 pm

I received a notice from Ranger Lester and the El Dorado FS inviting everyone to an open house on Wednesday, February 13th. Below is a copy of the info:

ELDORADO FOREST 2013 OFF-HIGHWAY GRANT APPLICATION INCLUDES LAW ENFORCEMENT, TRAIL MAINTENANCE, RESTORATION AND DEVELOPMENT
The Eldorado National Forest is developing an application for Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Cooperative Funds for the upcoming 2012/2013 grant cycle. We are developing a preliminary application to the Off Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division which includes a strong emphasis on trail maintenance and repair, restoration of trails and impacted areas, law enforcement across the four Ranger Districts, rerouting of trails in the Elkins Flat area, improvements of trailheads in the Gold Note area, an analysis of new information and changed circumstances as it relates to the 2006 Record of Decision for the Rock Creek Recreational Trails, and possibly planning for Indian Valley 4WD Trail and Strawberry 4WD Trail.

However, we would like to hear your ideas as well, and so we will also host an Open House on February 13 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM to discuss the proposed grant application and to hear your thoughts. This Open House will be held in the Forest Supervisor’s Office large conference room, 100 Forni Road, Placerville. You can call (530) 622-5061 for directions. We hope to see you there.

The grant applications will be posted on the OHMVR website on March 5, 2013. To review the grant applications submitted, click on this link or paste it into your browser:

http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov

or you can find a link on the Eldorado National Forest’s website at

http://www.fs.usda.gov/eldorado/

The 30-day public review and comment period for the 2012/2013 Grants and Cooperative Agreement Program begins March 5, 2013, and ends April 1, 2013. This period provides an opportunity for the public to review the preliminary applications submitted to the OHMVR Division for consideration during the current grant cycle. The public may provide comments to both the OHMVR Division and the applicant by emailing the OHVMR Division [email protected] and copying Lester Lubetkin at [email protected]. You may also send written comments, suggestions, or letters of support for the application to Lester Lubetkin, Eldorado National Forest, 100 Forni Road, Placerville, CA 95667.

We can go as a group if anyone is interested

February 4, 2013
10:53 pm
Tom
Elk Grove, CA
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 1465
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I also received a copy of this application and reviewed the links as well.

From all appearances there is a lot of $$$$ for maintenance, repair and upgrades for many of the trails. The ones already approved and listed were in the thousands to tens-of-thousands-of-dollars.

Are there projects already set aside that we as a club could take on or would GHP be part of a larger group? Were GHP to come up with something we feel is needed, created a budget and timeline for completion would we be able to do "our own deal"?

Just questions on my part you may or may not know the answer to. Gonna see what my chances of attending the meeting are.

Thanks, George!
=====

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading -- Lao Tzu

February 4, 2013
11:47 pm

I received it also. I can't attend the meeting as will be in San Jose.

Good thoughts Tom. Would GHP get first rights of anything related to Strawberry given adopted by GHP?

Very cool and look forward to checking out Gold Note area.

February 5, 2013
1:16 am
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 6994

I will be in attendance since the club is involved with Strawberry.

February 13, 2013
8:35 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 6994

I'll be here tonight. I'll update the group at Thursday's meeting.

February 13, 2013
9:01 pm
Tom
Elk Grove, CA
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 1465

"BKGM Jeepers" wrote: I'll be here tonight. I'll update the group at Thursday's meeting.

Thanks, Brad. I was seriously considering going but driving from Elk Grove after work ... never make it.

Look forward to your report tomorrow.
=====

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading -- Lao Tzu

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3050
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1703
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1397
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 139
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4234
Newest Members:
guy67x8010703593, liliaridenour1, Robertwer, [email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6994, Lynda and Guy: 196, kris_olof: 1088, Jamie (K6NUB): 724
Administrators: k-jeep: 2225
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: Timfountain63CJ5