Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
August 28, 2008
5:29 pm

Hi there,

I thought I might share one of my favorite 4 doors - this is Octavian, he has a JK 4 door in Edmonton. Some pics of his rig... (they are a bit muddy)...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3044528/2

August 28, 2008
6:47 pm
JohnDF

Club Member
Forum Posts: 9523
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Wow 😯

I didn't know people actually took those off road. Good for him.

I used to wheel a lot. . .

August 28, 2008
8:56 pm

Yah, that guy uses that machine quite well. It's an "X" too... not a Rubicon 😯

I met him at a show and shine in Calgary - he lives more northward in Edmonton... seems there are quite a few of the JK crowd up there. I'm one of the very few down here.... I think he's got quite a cool rig!

August 28, 2008
9:17 pm
Fred
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 3609

Looks like he's having fun!

August 28, 2008
9:31 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 6986

Good pics.

August 28, 2008
9:34 pm

I know... Alberta Safari Park is an offroad park on private land. The owner of the park holds these challenge races every now and again. They also run an off-road driving course. A lot of the Oil Field companies send workers there for training.

Funny thing - I look at what he can do with his Wrangler X and I wonder to myself... why I'm so careful with my Rubicon - LOL

August 28, 2008
9:40 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

"SmilinVamp" wrote: I know... Alberta Safari Park is an offroad park on private land. The owner of the park holds these challenge races every now and again. They also run an off-road driving course. A lot of the Oil Field companies send workers there for training.

Funny thing - I look at what he can do with his Wrangler X and I wonder to myself... why I'm so careful with my Rubicon - LOL

I like he was still running some rear mudflaps.

Where is this place? How big is the trail? Is it some kind of a weekend event? Our new 4-door is much easier to drive long distances and it might be a fun vacation up to your country next year.

August 29, 2008
3:15 pm

That would be cool...

Alberta Safari Park - is quite a bit north from me... maybe 3 hours or so.
Their website is: http://www.safarioffroadpark.ca/ (I think they charge admission ??? )

There are plenty of trails around Calgary though. Our club has a few camping dates each summer... placing us in various locations in the mountains - if you are interested in a trip up here, I could put you in touch with Gunther... he's our club's trail guru. And a very cool guy...

let me know... 😀

PS: We have to do the mud flap thing - or we get a ticket...

August 29, 2008
4:42 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

"SmilinVamp" wrote: That would be cool...

Alberta Safari Park - is quite a bit north from me... maybe 3 hours or so.
Their website is: http://www.safarioffroadpark.ca/ (I think they charge admission ??? )

There are plenty of trails around Calgary though. Our club has a few camping dates each summer... placing us in various locations in the mountains - if you are interested in a trip up here, I could put you in touch with Gunther... he's our club's trail guru. And a very cool guy...

let me know... 😀

PS: We have to do the mud flap thing - or we get a ticket...

Would they ticket out of state cars? I hate mudflaps!

August 29, 2008
7:50 pm

Hmmm.. good question. Most people I know don't have mudflaps... including me (but mine is stock)... I'm not sure how strict they are with the laws. Down in Southern Alberta, I've not really heard to much about it. But in Northern Alberta, they seem to be more ornery about these things.

Did you have a chance to look at the video section on that website... I didn't realize they gave away $12000 in prizes last year. Interesting....

August 29, 2008
8:12 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

"SmilinVamp" wrote: Hmmm.. good question. Most people I know don't have mudflaps... including me (but mine is stock)... I'm not sure how strict they are with the laws. Down in Southern Alberta, I've not really heard to much about it. But in Northern Alberta, they seem to be more ornery about these things.

Did you have a chance to look at the video section on that website... I didn't realize they gave away $12000 in prizes last year. Interesting....

That's a great reason to go! 8)

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3049
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1690
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1394
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 137
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4226
Newest Members:
arnoldelsey954, [email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon, [email protected], Rogersuisy, TacoDan
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6986, Lynda and Guy: 195, kris_olof: 1083, Jamie (K6NUB): 722
Administrators: k-jeep: 2222
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: Robert & Amber
Upcoming: Jeff_R, 2013JKUR, HaZaRdZoNe