Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
!!STOLEN $500 Reward!! 85 4runner white, on 36s
August 12, 2019
2:59 pm
Tyler - K6TLR
Rancho Cordova
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 380
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hey all, please keep an eye out for my rig... it was stolen between August 11th at 9pm (the time I got back from Sierra Trek) and Aug 12 @ 1pm.

White 1985 4Runner on 36s. Chevy 63s, SAS, HPfront third, v6 rear, white beadlock rings, "My Off Road Radio" across the top of windshield, home depot hvac vents as hood louvres, antennas on top and off rear side quarter panels.

License plate "K6TLR"

$500 reward for any information that leads to its return.

please email me at [email protected] if you have any information.

Thank you for the help!

Pictures at the Facebook Link since the forum wont let me post them.

https://www.facebook.com/group.....412345773/

August 12, 2019
4:42 pm
Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1394

Sad to hear Tyler we all have that fear of someone taking our rigs. This happened after Sierra Trek I wonder if someone there had an eyeball on it. I'll keep a look out for it. 

August 12, 2019
5:30 pm
Mike G
Newcastle, CA
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 967

My eyes will be open brother and I'll add $100 to the reward if someone comes up with info or returns it

August 12, 2019
7:18 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member
Forum Posts: 428

Really sucks to hear that!

Will certainly keep an eye out for it.

Hope you get it back ASAP.

August 12, 2019
10:03 pm
Josh

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1631

Sorry to hear that Tyler. Will keep an eye out for you in Folsom. 

Semper Fi

August 13, 2019
7:07 am
JohnDF

Club Member
Forum Posts: 9523

That's horrible. Hoping you'll get it back in good shape.

I used to wheel a lot. . .

August 13, 2019
5:05 pm
Sloguy

Club Member
Forum Posts: 365

That's rough Tyler. It is probably too large to fit in a residential garage. Since you said it was probably heading west 50 I would assume that it could be in an old industrial area nearby.  If you know people with drones I would try to search around the area.  Those custom HVAC hood louvers are a dead give away. I hope you get it back soon.

August 13, 2019
7:09 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1690

I just heard from Tyler. They found his 4Runner. Unfortunately he lost a lot of the valuables that were still in his vehicle from Sierra Trek. Hopefully they catch the dirt bag who stole it and recover his stuff. 

August 13, 2019
7:59 pm
Gregulator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 3048

I’m glad he was able to find it mostly intact. It’s harder to replace a rig than gear. 

Um...what?

August 13, 2019
9:01 pm
2DChance
Granite Bay
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 46

Tyler - K6TLR said
Hey all, please keep an eye out for my rig... it was stolen between August 11th at 9pm (the time I got back from Sierra Trek) and Aug 12 @ 1pm.

White 1985 4Runner on 36s. Chevy 63s, SAS, HPfront third, v6 rear, white beadlock rings, "My Off Road Radio" across the top of windshield, home depot hvac vents as hood louvres, antennas on top and off rear side quarter panels.

License plate "K6TLR"

$500 reward for any information that leads to its return.

please email me at [email protected] if you have any information.

Thank you for the help!

Pictures at the Facebook Link since the forum wont let me post them.

https://www.facebook.com/group.....412345773/

So sorry to hear about your rig. I was on the Rubicon and just got the news. Glad you got the truck back but sucks  they ripped you off!

KM6YNX 

August 13, 2019
9:04 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Gregulator said
I’m glad he was able to find it mostly intact. It’s harder to replace a rig than gear. 

True, but Tyler was in charge of communications at Sierra Trek. He had portable radios, repeaters, antennas and all his camping and personal gear in his rig. I will let Tyler confirm, but I suspect it was significant in value.

August 14, 2019
5:32 am
JohnDF

Club Member

I'm glad you are getting your rig back.

I'm very sorry that you lost so much valuable equipment.

August 14, 2019
11:54 am
Gregulator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 3048

Jeff_R said

Gregulator said

True, but Tyler was in charge of communications at Sierra Trek. He had portable radios, repeaters, antennas and all his camping and personal gear in his rig. I will let Tyler confirm, but I suspect it was significant in value.

I'm not down playing the value of what was inside the rig. But that stuff should be covered under rental/property insurance in theory.  

Um...what?

August 14, 2019
2:34 pm
Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1394

I'm happy to hear that your rig is being returned.  I hope you insurance will replace it. I'll keep an eye out on Craigslist. Some bad people out it stinks. 

August 19, 2019
8:40 am
Guy and Lynda

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1360

What a terrible thing to have happened. At the very least, you got your rig back, but the loss of all the equipment inside make me sick. Hope it's recovered. Sorry to hear all this Tyler.

September 8, 2019
8:07 am
Tyler - K6TLR
Rancho Cordova
Subscriber

Hey all,

Thanks for all the kind words...

It has been a little crazy with the rig, and travelling for work... finally getting my head back above water here...

The rig was recovered. The only things taken from the outside of the vehicle was my winch, my hi lift, and my battery. But pretty much everything from the inside was taken... I was out at Sierra Trek for a 5 day stint with literally ALL of my tools, spare parts, camping gear, wheeling gear, radio equipment, a full repeater setup, my stereo setup (close to $2000 value), my toolbox ($1300), my fridge, and more. It is between 8k and 10k in gear that was stolen.

Homeowners insurance is being awesome with everything. Very understanding and helpful... but they are only going to give me used values on everything... so I will be lucky if I get half the value back with my deductible.

It sucks. Wheeling the 4runner now sucks... it just has this "funk" now to it. And now I am overly paranoid every time I park it. Probably going to be looking at selling it just to get it off my mind 🙁

September 8, 2019
8:27 am
Jamie (K6NUB)
Fiddletown

Club Webmaster
Forum Posts: 722

That just blows its not feeling the same, takes all the fun out of it. I did like some of your ideas on the podcast for what next through 🙂

K6NUB

September 8, 2019
8:38 am
Tyler - K6TLR
Rancho Cordova
Subscriber

Jamie (K6NUB) said
That just blows its not feeling the same, takes all the fun out of it. I did like some of your ideas on the podcast for what next through 🙂

I have a new toy (pun intended)... bringing it to the next meeting.

September 8, 2019
10:34 am
JohnDF

Club Member

Tyler - K6TLR said
Hey all,It sucks. Wheeling the 4runner now sucks... it just has this "funk" now to it. And now I am overly paranoid every time I park it. Probably going to be looking at selling it just to get it off my mind 🙁

I know exactly what you mean. I had to sell my Tacoma after it was stolen. I couldn't get past the "yuck" factor.

September 8, 2019
11:27 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

When I was in college only one time did I leave my wallet in my glove box. Wouldn’t you know it, someone broke into my car to steal my cases of cassette tapes and they got a bonus with my wallet. What bothered me most was that I had pictures of my girlfriend and family in it. I felt really violated and that has given me an appreciation for what victims of more serious crime must feel like. Fortunately a few months later the police recovered my wallet with everything in it except my money. I never carried photos in my wallet from that day on.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3048
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1690
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1394
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 136
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4225
Newest Members:
[email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon, [email protected], Rogersuisy, TacoDan
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6985, Lynda and Guy: 195, kris_olof: 1082, Jamie (K6NUB): 722
Administrators: k-jeep: 2221
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: Krawlman
Upcoming: Jeff_R, 2013JKUR, Robert & Amber, HaZaRdZoNe