Forum
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Please confirm you want to mark all topics read

Mark all topics read

k-jeep
Parts Unknown

May 13, 2024 - 1:37 pm

I will lead this run this year, but I'm stealing Josh's 2023 post. grin

Hell Hole Jeep Trail Run!

Friday May 31st

Start: Meet at Georgetown 7:30 a.m.

Depart for trail at 8:00 a.m.

Come early if you need to fill up on gas or stock up on food. Worton’s Market opens at 6 a.m. and makes excellent breakfast sandwiches. Try one and support Georgetown.

Goal be on the trail at 10:00 a.m. Be off the trail by 3:00 p.m.

Where = Hell Hole Reservoir

This run is not recommended for stock rigs. Basic club vehicle requirements apply. In addition suspension lift is recommended. Minimum 33 inch tires and a winch are required.

Will limit the group to 10 rigs.

This trail has a couple challenging sections. A winch can come in handy. Not having a winch can cause others to have to pull vehicles out or over obstacles which can double the time it takes to run this trail. Please be respectful of others and sit this run out if you don’t have a winch.

We will have to help each other out as we go over obstacles. Participants should be willing to help others and to help spot vehicles over large obstacles. A positive and friendly attitude is required.

A day in the Jeep on the trail priceless!

BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

May 13, 2024 - 2:03 pm

Thanks Kevin!

Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

May 13, 2024 - 2:08 pm

I should be able to make this run. Count me as a solid maybe! Does anyone know how the snow situation is on the trail at this point?

Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

May 13, 2024 - 6:40 pm

I definitely want to go. If I can get my rig back together in time, I will ... count me as a definite maybe.

Sloguy

May 14, 2024 - 7:58 am

Shoot.  Out of town that weekend.  Have Fun!

Jamie (K6NUB)
Fiddletown

May 15, 2024 - 9:00 am

I hope to make it but will confirm as it gets closer, we will have just moved so need to make sure some things get settled first.

K6NUB

Mike G
Newcastle, CA
May 18, 2024 - 1:35 pm

Only off on Tuesdays and Sundays so can't make this one darn it...

I love this trail and haven't made it all the way to the end, father's day many years ago we went and I think that's when Dale broke his ankle and we met Tyler (radio guy)

k-jeep
Parts Unknown

May 23, 2024 - 12:20 pm

A week away!

So far we have the following maybes:

Jeff R

Brian

Jamie

Post up if you’re interested and meet the requirements.

Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

May 23, 2024 - 8:43 pm

k-jeep said
A week away!

So far we have the following maybes:

Jeff R

Brian

Jamie

Post up if you’re interested and meet the requirements.

I'm in. Top is off the Jeep. I put it back on in the fall and never drove it in the rain. Should have left it off all winter. Hell Hole here I come.

Sloguy

May 23, 2024 - 9:39 pm

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!

Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

May 26, 2024 - 6:27 pm

I hope we get more people to go on this run. We have had some large groups in the past. This run is our unofficial start of 4X4 season.

Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

May 26, 2024 - 6:42 pm

I’m hoping to make it but have to chase a coolant leak and power steering leak. I’ll know Wed ish and confirm if I can make it. 

Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills

May 27, 2024 - 9:03 am

I’m hoping to make it I’ll know more in a day or so.

Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
May 27, 2024 - 5:20 pm

Hey guys. This is one of my favorite runs for sure. This snuck up on me and not to brag.... But we did just return from a cruise I surprised my wife with last week. My week back is very short because of the holiday today and this run Friday. However, I'm going to do what I can to be there. Unfortunately I can't promise anything today. I'm a solid Maybe.

Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
May 28, 2024 - 2:38 pm

For some reason I had this on my calendar for Friday, June 7. Did I have the wrong date or did the date change?

k-jeep
Parts Unknown

May 28, 2024 - 3:31 pm

Roy & Romika said
For some reason I had this on my calendar for Friday, June 7. Did I have the wrong date or did the date change?

Date did not change.

Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
May 28, 2024 - 5:17 pm

k-jeep said

Roy & Romika said

Date did not change.

My bad. I'll still try to make it but today was a brutal day of catch up. The reality is I might not pull it off. One thing I know is anything can happen. Hope to see you guys there.

Jamie (K6NUB)
Fiddletown

May 29, 2024 - 6:59 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I can't make it. We just moved on Friday and went in to contract on our old place yesterday with a 21 day escrow and I still have to move a few things out. It's killing me that I can't, adulting sucks!

K6NUB

Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

May 29, 2024 - 10:09 pm

Ug. Unfortunately I’m out. A project at work kinda imploded this afternoon and I need to focus on it - thus eliminating the Friday day off. As Jaime said - adulting sucks. 

k-jeep
Parts Unknown

May 30, 2024 - 8:50 am

So far we have…

Definitely:

Kevin + 1

Jeff R

Maybes:

Gil

Roy

Please post up today if you can make it. If it’s just me and Jeff we will go through Foresthill instead. We do plan to come home that way.

Sloguy

May 30, 2024 - 9:59 am

I am now a maybe.  Need to check something on the Jeep first.  Will let you know tonight for sure.

American Airlines sucks!

Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills

May 30, 2024 - 6:05 pm

I’m all in see you in George Town tomorrow. 

k-jeep
Parts Unknown

May 30, 2024 - 6:45 pm

Gilbert & Betty said
I’m all in see you in George Town tomorrow. 

Woohoo! See you there!

Sloguy

May 30, 2024 - 9:10 pm

I will be there also in the JK.  Still not used to it but you gotta start sometime!

Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

May 30, 2024 - 10:03 pm

Sloguy said
I will be there also in the JK.  Still not used to it but you gotta start sometime!

Send it John! See you all in the morning in Georgetown.

Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online: Jeff_R
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Devices in use: Desktop (2)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: Logan Larson, dmckay22