Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
March 25, 2008
3:39 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 7048
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Is anyone interested in a Wentworth Springs Snow run? We can plan to meet at the Gergetown Market on Wentworth springs road. It is about 100 yards down Wentworth once you turn off the highway. We can meet at 830-845 and leave after that.

I received requests for a Sat run and a Sun run! People are active! Unfortunately, we had more people request the Sat run, so I posted it on this date.

This is an actual snow run, as opposed the road patrol we did two weeks ago. Please make sure you have front and rear recovery points and carry at least one recovery strap in your vehicle. This run will give me a chance to test some changes I did to the jeep.

Who is in?

March 25, 2008
5:31 pm
Fred
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 3609

I'm out. I'm on-call again this weekend.

March 25, 2008
6:59 pm

I have family in town so I'm out. Have fun. Sounds like a great run.

March 25, 2008
7:14 pm

I'll see you there. 😀

March 25, 2008
8:36 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

"Super X" wrote: I'll see you there. 😀

I think Don is in as well. Do you want to swing by my house on the way, or just meet in georgetown? I assume you'll head down salmon falls instead of up to placerville...

March 25, 2008
10:31 pm

Wanna go, trying to clear my schedule. I'll check back in tomorrow.

March 26, 2008
2:51 am

I'm in!

March 26, 2008
6:23 am

Hopefully i'll see you all there.

March 26, 2008
2:57 pm

hopefully those who requested can go. i'm out. got baby stuff to do. 5 weeks and counting. very exciting! 😀

March 26, 2008
3:48 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

"lowrider" wrote: hopefully those who requested can go. i'm out. got baby stuff to do. 5 weeks and counting. very exciting! 😀

All who requested are going. It looks like 5 or more rigs now. Good turn out!

March 28, 2008
2:15 pm

[quote="BKGM Jeepers"]Is anyone interested in a Wentworth Springs Snow run? We can plan to meet at the Gergetown Market on Wentworth springs road. It is about 100 yards down Wentworth once you turn off the highway. We can meet at 830-845 and leave after that.quote]

Saturday at the Georgetown Market on Wentworth Springs Road at 8:30am?

March 28, 2008
5:00 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

Yes, the meeting time is on!

Alternatively, if you are coming from sac, or south we are meeting at 730AM at the EDH Safeway located on Green Valley rd and Francisco (across from the club meeting location). We'll drive Salmon Falls Rd over to Georgetown for the 830 meeting time.

We may have several other vehicles as well. This could be a really fun group!

See you there!

March 28, 2008
9:55 pm

I'm not sure where the meeting place is. Is it at the corner of 49 and georgetown rd?

March 28, 2008
10:24 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

The meeting place is actually about 100 yards down Wentworth Springs road from the intersection of Hwy 193 and Wentworth Springs road in Georgetown, CA

The road is technically called "Main Street" in front of the store.

I think this link may help:
http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&#.....lat=38.907 ... %20CA&tp=1

March 28, 2008
10:33 pm

Thanks. See you there.

March 29, 2008
1:34 pm

I'll meet you guys up there in "GEORGE" town.

March 30, 2008
2:09 am

Had a great time, the pics are loaded from today's run.

March 30, 2008
3:44 am
Fred
Subscriber

Nice pictures. I have a few questions though.

What's the the fishing boat doing there?

Who's V8 TJ is that? Nice! Smog legal I assume?

What did you do to get evicted from "GEORGE" town?

March 30, 2008
2:55 pm

The boat belonged to some guys that were trying to take it to the lake and figured out they wouldn't be able to. Instead of trying to get their rig turned around and head for a different lake, they unhooked and left the boat to see how far they could get in their stock full size Ford truck. Yes, they really did leave their boat smack dab in the middle of the road.

The V8 TJ belonged to a guy named Joe. He was invited by Lee if I'm not mistaken, very nice guy. It never occurred to me to ask if it would pass smog. Hopefully we can find out if it will or not, it was really nice, complete with A/C!

As for "GEORGE" town, they never let me in, they said they had too may George's already. They kicked me up to Pollock Pines.

March 31, 2008
2:18 am

We need more of a write up than that. 😀 Any good stucks? Good to see that Mark made it out. How did Brads' new mods work? Come on...give us something! 😀

March 31, 2008
3:38 am

No good stuck's, just some little tugs here and there. The snow was wet and heavy actually made for some good traction, I didn't have to use my front locker at all. The only interesting part was going over the cattle crossing. Little steep drop that you had to turn into. It was a nice day and we all had a good time. O my jeep was the roach coach all you had to do was pull next to me and my friend Dennis would hand out food to you 🙂

March 31, 2008
4:02 am
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President

Joes jeep better pass smog the engine is from a newer Durango. He has all the emmission items, including the computer.

April 1, 2008
6:13 pm

One last bit of carnage, my 5 month old Centerforce II clutch gave out this morning. $(%*^& I smoked it pretty bad trying to get out of some deep snow. There's no way it should have given up though.

I'm going back to a factory clutch. Then I'll start researching and looking for an automatic to swap.

April 1, 2008
6:53 pm

Wow. There's no way you should have gone through the clutch that quick. Any chance it's under warranty? Do you have a 4:1? That has to be cheaper than an automatic.

April 1, 2008
6:55 pm
Fred
Subscriber

"gamfam" wrote: One last bit of carnage, my 5 month old Centerforce II clutch gave out this morning. $(%*^& I smoked it pretty bad trying to get out of some deep snow. There's no way it should have given up though.

I'm going back to a factory clutch. Then I'll start researching and looking for an automatic to swap.

You've still got factory gears in your axles don't you? Maybe lower gears would help take some strain off the clutch.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9521
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3069
Jeff_R: 1795
RobD: 1721
Josh: 1630
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1410
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 141
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4285
Newest Members:
heykell, Julie Dwyer, [email protected], follosdin, TerryL, [email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 7048, Lynda and Guy: 205, kris_olof: 1122, Jamie (K6NUB): 773
Administrators: k-jeep: 2238
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: Lynda and Guy
Upcoming: Specialsoundman, Brian, Mash5boom, RockyRaccoon