Strawberry Fall Maintenance Run 1 of 2 – 2026|Trail Runs / Events|Forum|Gold Hills Posse 4x4

Don't Forget, meetings have moved to our new location @ Mark and Monica's Family Pizza, 4751 Manzanita Ave., Carmichael, CA 95608!

Forum
Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
message
Strawberry Fall Maintenance Run 1 of 2 – 2026
August 18, 2026
8:30 am
Avatar
Calaveras32Spcl
Biggs, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 268
Member Since:
May 12, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I am seeing the above mentioned run listed on the calendar, but not seeing it in the "Runs/Events" list. I want to verify that it is happening? I have a buddy who wants to ride with me on a trail ride, and this seemed like an easy one to have him tag along with.  

September 6 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm?

Dale Mogg - WRZG209

August 19, 2026
5:19 am
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Calaveras32Spcl said
I am seeing the above mentioned run listed on the calendar, but not seeing it in the "Runs/Events" list. I want to verify that it is happening? I have a buddy who wants to ride with me on a trail ride, and this seemed like an easy one to have him tag along with.  
September 6 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm?
  

Yes and thanks for bringing this up. I do have this run on my calendar as well. 

Sunday September 6, 2026 will be our first trail maintenance run on Strawberry Pass Trail. This is the trail the club sponsors. To maintain member status you must make at least 1 trail maintenance run a year and there will be 2 runs including the other run being led by me in October. Our key goals for this run are bucking trees down in the area, erosion control, and getting documentation of fire remediation actions needed.. We will use the club’s HAM PosseV2 frequency for communications, so bring your HAM radios.

Also, as a reminder, maintenance runs are a great opportunity for anyone needing to host a bbq/pot-luck for membership to do so. If you plan to do so, please post so folks know and can contribute.

Meet at the Subway/Shell station in Pollock Pines off of Hwy 50 and Sly Park exit at 8:30am. We will meet and after a quick drivers meeting will head up to the trailhead about 9:00am.

Pollock Pines Subway/Shell Station
6529 Pony Express Trail
Pollock Pines
CA 95726

Things to bring:

-Trash bags

-Gloves

-Loppers/hand saw

-Chainsaw (please only USFS certified operators, no exceptions) and safety gear (chaps, eye protection, ear protection)

-Crowbars/breaker bars

-Shovel

-Water

-Lunch

August 19, 2026
8:10 am
Avatar
Calaveras32Spcl
Biggs, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 268
Member Since:
May 12, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thank you. Plan is for myself +1 to attend. Looking forward to it. I have not been on the trail since our spring maintenance run.

Dale Mogg - WRZG209

August 19, 2026
8:41 am
Avatar
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom
Moderator

Club President
Forum Posts: 7496
Member Since:
April 2, 2003
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I think there was a spring maintenance run already this year, so this would be the fall one?  As formal maintenance runs are scheduled by the Trailmaster, I would have interest in Kris confirming.  That being said, these fall maintenance is typically later in the year so any pre winter drainage work holds up to the remaining seasonal traffic.

I think maintenance runs involve USFS approval, as well as funding documentation. Which needs to be coordinated with the club.

 

As Brian and I were just up there doing maintenance I can say there are many logs to be removed from the trail as well as several leaning trees needing to be cut prior to winter.  If you are not chainsaw certified, hand saws could be used on the smaller stuff.

Kathleen and Brad

August 19, 2026
4:18 pm
Avatar
Calaveras32Spcl
Biggs, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 268
Member Since:
May 12, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

BKGM Jeepers said
I think there was a spring maintenance run already this year, so this would be the fall one?  As formal maintenance runs are scheduled by the Trailmaster, I would have interest in Kris confirming.  That being said, these fall maintenance is typically later in the year so any pre winter drainage work holds up to the remaining seasonal traffic.
I think maintenance runs involve USFS approval, as well as funding documentation. Which needs to be coordinated with the club.
 
As Brian and I were just up there doing maintenance I can say there are many logs to be removed from the trail as well as several leaning trees needing to be cut prior to winter.  If you are not chainsaw certified, hand saws could be used on the smaller stuff.
  

Yes, there was at least 1 spring run. I was trying to clarify if this run was actually happening or not as it was on the calendar but not being talked about. It seemed a little early in the year for a fall maintenance run, hence why I asked. When my buddy expressed interest in a ride along, I looked at the calendar before trying to start something new. Input from Kris would be good though.

Dale Mogg - WRZG209

August 19, 2026
7:49 pm
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’m just the guy who put the calendar together at the beginning of the year so people can plan. I have this on my calendar because of that. If it doesn’t happen I will most likely not be available for a maintenance run myself. I’ll keep my eyes peels on what happens or not. 

August 20, 2026
7:23 am
Avatar
Calaveras32Spcl
Biggs, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 268
Member Since:
May 12, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ok, even if this isn't a sanctioned maintenance run, I would still like to go up with whomever else wants to go. And can clean up a bit while up there. 

Dale Mogg - WRZG209

August 21, 2026
2:51 pm
Avatar
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 2101
Member Since:
July 14, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The Event Calendar shows our 2nd maintenance run, which it indicates is our fall maintenance run, on October 24th.

Jeff and Kathy Root

August 21, 2026
5:44 pm
Avatar
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom
Moderator

Club President
Forum Posts: 7496
Member Since:
April 2, 2003
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just lead the run Dale and see who else wants to go with you.

Kathleen and Brad

August 21, 2026
5:55 pm
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Calaveras32Spcl said
Ok, even if this isn't a sanctioned maintenance run, I would still like to go up with whomever else wants to go. And can clean up a bit while up there. 
  

Dale, I’ll role up there with you. It’s on my calendar so let’s roll. 

August 21, 2026
9:15 pm
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Jeff_R said
The Event Calendar shows our 2nd maintenance run, which it indicates is our fall maintenance run, on October 24th.
  

This might be the 1st maintenance run even if the 1st run isn’t sanctioned or unofficial. Either way what’s important is trying to keep the club informed and in participation. Those who can make it this run will be appreciated. It will be fun and “work” regardless. GO POSSE. 

August 22, 2026
8:06 am
Avatar
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 2101
Member Since:
July 14, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Roy & Romika said

Jeff_R said
The Event Calendar shows our 2nd maintenance run, which it indicates is our fall maintenance run, on October 24th.
  

This might be the 1st maintenance run even if the 1st run isn’t sanctioned or unofficial. Either way what’s important is trying to keep the club informed and in participation. Those who can make it this run will be appreciated. It will be fun and “work” regardless. GO POSSE. 
  

It would be great if we could make it official and get credit for it if you guys are going to be doing trail maintenance.

Jeff and Kathy Root

August 22, 2026
4:45 pm
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Kris told me it will be a maintenance run.

August 26, 2026
6:15 pm
Avatar
kris_olof
El Dorado
Moderator

Club Trailmaster
Forum Posts: 1244
Member Since:
March 13, 2015
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sorry I missed the meeting and wasn't there to brief anyone. With the post-fire impacts we are cleared to do multiple maintenance runs without causing issues. The dual fall maintenance runs was just copying last year's calendars but I'm all for keeping it on the books.

I should be there to lead this run which will focus on prepping for winter and vegetation control. There is an October run as well which will likely focus on the signage replacement at the south end. 

August 27, 2026
9:51 am
Avatar
Calaveras32Spcl
Biggs, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 268
Member Since:
May 12, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sorry Posse, I have to back out of this run. Since I last posted here I had some personal things come up and due to that have to reshuffle my priorities. Hopefully I can make the October run, if not then maybe next year. 

Dale Mogg - WRZG209

August 27, 2026
4:54 pm
Avatar
Sloguy
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 511
Member Since:
December 14, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I might make this run.  Depends on what I get finished by the 5th.

August 29, 2026
8:29 am
Avatar
Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1465
Member Since:
February 26, 2014
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm looking foward to it.

August 31, 2026
4:23 pm
Avatar
JKJeepGirl
Roseville
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 13
Member Since:
February 26, 2024
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

JaseNStace will be in attendance - with possible cookies

~Stacey “no nuts” ~

August 31, 2026
6:51 pm
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

JKJeepGirl said
JaseNStace will be in attendance - with possible cookies
  

Cookies? 🙂

August 31, 2026
10:09 pm
Avatar
Manchu19
Member
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 13
Member Since:
May 13, 2026
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Again I’m available if there is a empty seat!

Richard 

September 2, 2026
5:36 pm
Avatar
JKJeepGirl
Roseville
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 13
Member Since:
February 26, 2024
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

**POTLUCK ALERT**

Roy and Romika have a prospect joining us and Aaron will be providing a BBQ lunch of hamburgers, hotdogs, and buns. 

~Stacey & Jase -

  1. Potato Salad, Forks, and serving spoon
  2. Cookies

~Romika

  1. All the veg for the hamburgers, plates, and napkins

What is needed:

  1. Condiments: Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise 
  2. Side dishes
  3. Desserts

Please post a reply with headcount and potluck items! Thank you!! 

~Stacey “no nuts” ~

September 2, 2026
6:26 pm
Avatar
Curtis95662
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 27
Member Since:
February 14, 2025
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We will be there and we can provide the condiments. Is anybody bringing buns if not we can grab those as well just let me know.

September 3, 2026
12:34 pm
Avatar
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 2101
Member Since:
July 14, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I will be there too. I will bring potato chips.

Jeff and Kathy Root

September 3, 2026
5:32 pm
Avatar
Curtis95662
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 27
Member Since:
February 14, 2025
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I just wanted to clarify there will only be 2 of us and I saw that we already have buns so we can bring a dessert.

September 3, 2026
6:11 pm
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Manchu19 said
Again I’m available if there is a empty seat!
  

Who are you?  Just saying I really don’t know a Manchu. 

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 647
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 5
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9521
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3118
Jeff_R: 2101
RobD: 1721
Josh: 1630
Gilbert & Betty: 1465
Tom: 1465
Guy and Lynda: 1448
Justin: 1416
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 148
Moderators: 16
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4506
Posts: 69229
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: Gregulator, Mash5boom, Lynda and Guy, Keith and Katina