Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
March 14, 2024
11:13 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1690
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sierra Trek will be held August 8-11, 2024. The cub will again be leading the Outer Limits Run on the Bear Valley Loop Trail on Saturday August 10th. You can attend Sierra Trek as a volunteer (called a committee member) or as an individual. Committee members receive a discounted registration rate. The registration fee for committee members includes meals plus one committee run in addition to the Outer Limits Run. Committee members can also pay an extra fee to participate in an additional run.

There are a number of positions open for committee members. Since the club has agreed to lead the Outer Limits run, it is important that we have six to eight rigs to assist in leading the run. In addition, there are a number of other committee positions that Sierra Trek is looking to fill as of this date (March 14, 2024). Those positions include but are not limited to helping cook or serve breakfast(s) or dinner(s), spotting/assisting on winch hills and a variety of other jobs.

If your are interested in becoming a committee member please post your area of interest in this thread (i.e. Outer Limits Run, winch hill/spotting aid, meals, etc.) or or see me with any questions.   

If you are interested in attending Sierra Trek as a committee member, I will need to submit your name to the registration team and give you a special registration link in order for you to receive the committee member discount. Cost for committee members is $125. You can sign up for additional runs or purchase apparel when you register online.

If you are registering as a regular individual (i.e. not as a committee member) here is the link: https://cal4wheel.com/events/sierra-trek. The standard registration fee is $250 per person plus $40 for any additional runs.

I may post a seperate thread just for the Outer Limits Committee team at a later date if this thread gets too busy. I will also be posting a separate thread regarding pre-running the Bear Valley Loop Trail, which we will do a few weeks prior to Sierra Trek (possibly July 27th?). The Bear Valley Loop Trail is a moderate trail and this run would be open to anyone who wished to attend, regardless if you are attending Sierra Terk or not. The purpose of the pre-run is to plan the run for the Outer Limits Run and to do any necessary maintenance in order to make the Outer Limits Run safe and enjoyable for Sierra Trek attendees.

I will update this first post as necessary in the future.

March 20, 2024
9:33 am
kris_olof
El Dorado

Club Trailmaster
Forum Posts: 1083

I am in for bear valley and something on friday.  Wouldn't mind helping another group on WH4 or 5 but will also step up and do something in camp if the hills are taken care of.

I propose splitting the bear valley run into 2 or 3 groups depending on numbers to keep things moving faster. 

-Biggest tires should go straight to #1 on the map so they get into the winch hills faster, lunch on the trail, leave whenever. 

-Next group should start at our typical starting location around #28 on the map. 

-Final group should start at #19/20. 

I think the compromise of not having lunch together in exchange for staying moving will be well worth it to the attendees as last year the end of the group sat for an hour waiting to get to ballpeen before we ran out of time. 

March 20, 2024
12:07 pm
Sloguy

Club Member
Forum Posts: 365

I will attend this year also.  Will commit to the Outer Limits run but the Winch Hill will be a maybe for now.

March 20, 2024
2:08 pm
kris_olof
El Dorado

Club Trailmaster
Forum Posts: 1083

Sloguy said
I will attend this year also.  Will commit to the Outer Limits run but the Winch Hill will be a maybe for now.

To be clear I will help out if another club has the hill, not volunteering to do one myself.

March 21, 2024
10:39 am
Jamie (K6NUB)
Fiddletown

Club Webmaster
Forum Posts: 722

I am planning to go, need to nail down a few things on the calendar but I should be good to go.

K6NUB

April 1, 2024
7:11 am
Gregulator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 3049

I am tentative now. I'd like to assist on the Outer Limits run and can assist serving at a meal as well. This trip alludes me, but I am hoping to make it this year.

Um...what?

April 7, 2024
6:53 am
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member
Forum Posts: 430

I’m planning on attending again and my friend Sean is too. We’re both up for supporting/volunteering for the outer limits trail run that Saturday. Looking forward to it!

April 7, 2024
6:45 pm
Jase and Stace

Club Member
Forum Posts: 31

Stace and I will be there for the whole trip, for outer limits and yes even for winch hill (If we are sharing duties with one or more other clubs) I m not interested in repeating the sun up to sun down rock throwing we did last year. At this point we are planning to go up on Wednesday. 

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3049
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1690
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1394
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 137
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4226
Newest Members:
ceciliaggv, [email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon, [email protected]
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6986, Lynda and Guy: 195, kris_olof: 1083, Jamie (K6NUB): 722
Administrators: k-jeep: 2222
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: Jeff_R, 2013JKUR, HaZaRdZoNe