Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
May 26, 2024
6:31 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member
Forum Posts: 470
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sloguy said

Folsom4Rnr (Brian) said

Anyone recall the count from last year? Didn’t seem like they limited it. Lol

The limit for vehicles from Sierra Trek was 35 but Sierra Trek also encouraged people who didn't register to just show up since there are always cancellations.  These do not include Posse vehicles.

First year we did this we had 35 registered and only 24 show up including a couple of non registered vehicles.

Definitely more last year.

thumbs-up

July 10, 2024
9:02 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1768

I'm going to review this thread to see who has registered as a Trek Committee member. As a reminder, in order to get the discounted registration rate, I will need to submit your name to the registration team and give you a special registration link in order for you to receive the committee member discount. Cost for committee members is $125. You can sign up for additional runs or purchase apparel when you register online.

July 29, 2024
10:49 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

I want to make sure we know who is going and what day and what time they estimate arriving. I'm heading up early Friday morning to try to secure some campsites in the campground for us. The advantages of being in the campground are proximity to vaulted toilets and the fact that you can have a wood campfire or a charcoal BBQ. Cost is $15 per day and $3 per extra vehicle. Last year we couldn't get a site in the campground but we did have a really nice place to camp on the lake just outside the campground. Here is my understanding of who is arriving and approximately when:

Friday Aug. 2nd:

1. Jeff, my son Brian and my friend Mark (we will be quading and my son will have his motorcycle). Brian leaves Sunday and Mark leaves early Tuesday morning. I will be driving my truck home and bringing back my Jeep on Tuesday.

2. Possibly Roy and Keith (but they will set up camp and head back home at some point)

Tuesday August 6th:

1. Brian C. and friend Sean

Wednesday August 7th:

1. John MacD. (early afternoon?)

2. Jace and Stace (early afternoon?)

Thursday August 8th:

1. Kris (very late evening after club meeting)

Unknown Status:

1. Gil M.

2. Greg B.

3. Chris C.

Bring cash for showers ($5), your share of the campsite, the raffel and the bar!

And remember, what happens at Sierra Trek, stays at Sierra Trek.wink

July 29, 2024
5:42 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

Jeff_R said
I want to make sure we know who is going and what day and what time they estimate arriving. I'm heading up early Friday morning to try to secure some campsites in the campground for us. The advantages of being in the campground are proximity to vaulted toilets and the fact that you can have a wood campfire or a charcoal BBQ. Cost is $15 per day and $3 per extra vehicle. Last year we couldn't get a site in the campground but we did have a really nice place to camp on the lake just outside the campground. Here is my understanding of who is arriving and approximately when:

Friday Aug. 2nd:

1. Jeff, my son Brian and my friend Mark (we will be quading and my son will have his motorcycle). Brian leaves Sunday and Mark leaves early Tuesday morning. I will be driving my truck home and bringing back my Jeep on Tuesday.

2. Possibly Roy and Keith (but they will set up camp and head back home at some point)

Tuesday August 6th:

Wednesday August 7th:

Thursday August 8th:

Unknown Status:

1. Gil M.

2. Greg B.

3. Chris C.

Bring cash for showers ($5), your share of the campsite, the raffel and the bar!

Correct - Sean and I are still planning to come up after work Tue 8/6 …. So probably won’t get to Meadow Lake till around 8p or 9pm (depending on when exactly I can get out of work).

July 31, 2024
8:24 pm
Sloguy

Club Member
Forum Posts: 399

Jeff_R said

Friday Aug. 2nd:

Tuesday August 6th:

Wednesday August 7th:

Thursday August 8th:

Unknown Status:

1. Gil M.

2. Greg B.

3. Chris C.

Jase, Stace and I are planning on arriving around 2 to 3pm on Wednesday.

August 1, 2024
6:59 am
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA

Club Member
Forum Posts: 272

Romika and I are headed up Saturday to unload some toys. Expect us around noon.

We will return around noon on Wednesday. Earlier if possible. 

August 2, 2024
5:38 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Stage 3 fire restrictions just went into effect on the Tahoe National Forest yesterday. That means no campfires in hosted campgrounds but propane stoves are okay. So now the only advantage to being in the campground is proximity to toilets. Takes the pressure off of getting a spot in the campground. I will let you know my location later today. See you all up there!

August 3, 2024
6:48 pm
Chris Campbell

Club Member
Forum Posts: 184

I probably won't make it next weekend.  Hope everyone has fun.

August 4, 2024
11:16 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Chris Campbell said

Thanks for letting us know Chris. How is the Bronco?

August 5, 2024
6:52 pm
Chris Campbell

Club Member

Jeff_R said

Chris Campbell said

Thanks for letting us know Chris. How is the Bronco?

Steering is straigtend out but still need to replace it before going on the rocks again.   When the drive shaft yoke broke it also bent the pinion yoke.  Just got back from camping on the coast.  After a few overtime shifts I should have the money and the time to replace everything.

August 6, 2024
11:57 am
kris_olof
El Dorado

Club Trailmaster
Forum Posts: 1115

Chris Campbell said

Steering is straigtend out but still need to replace it before going on the rocks again.   When the drive shaft yoke broke it also bent the pinion yoke.  Just got back from camping on the coast.  After a few overtime shifts I should have the money and the time to replace everything.

I've got some 9" parts in my spare parts pile, what specifically do you need?  I know ive got some 1330 yokes for sure and the oddball ford 1330 that requires the big cap u-joint, might have a 1350 in there too.

August 11, 2024
6:56 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

I believe everyone should be home by now. It was another great Sierra Trek with the Posse family. I spent the first weekend camping at Meadow Lake with a good friend and my son. We rode quads and fished. Because I was there alone Monday and most of Tuesday after my son and friend whet home on Sunday, I ended up doing work on Tuesday. We dug up a bunch of rocks and large boulders in the road around the Trek hub. Some were huge and have been creating a tripping hazard for years during the nighttime festivities. The Trek chairman drove his F450 around an oval pulling a large drag while myself and two other guys dug up rock and large boulders. Later in the day I helped them pour three bags of ready mix to erect a news flagpole. 

Our team, less Kris who was at the club meeting, ran the committee River run on Thursday. It went well (right John?). I will let John expand on that. Saturday Outer Limits run went well too. Thank you Kris for printing up signs and laminating maps of the trail for the Posse team and the participants. Rumor has it the bar was open and the band was playing music on Saturday night. Thank you to all of you who came and volunteered to make the 2024 Sierra Trek a successful event for the participants and CAL 4WD association. A good time was had by all.

August 12, 2024
11:36 am
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

Thanks for the update Jeff. I concur- it was a good time at a great event with awesome people! Hope more Posse members can make it for next years!

August 13, 2024
12:49 am
Chris Campbell

Club Member

kris_olof said

Chris Campbell said

I've got some 9" parts in my spare parts pile, what specifically do you need?  I know ive got some 1330 yokes for sure and the oddball ford 1330 that requires the big cap u-joint, might have a 1350 in there too.

Both the slip yoke on the drive shaft and the pinion yoke on the 9" broke.

August 22, 2024
11:45 am
Sloguy

Club Member
Forum Posts: 399

I would say it pretty much went well for everyone except me, but just a setback. I think it was the added giggles with Jase in the passenger seat that caused the problem. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.  We were having a great time going down to committee and returning until we got to winch hill 3.  I decided to take the bypass and there was a big hole and steep rock to go over. It didn't make it the first couple of times so I aggressively bumped it and "BANG" there went something in the differential. As we winched out with two people bickering over opinions we got to level ground. No power to the rear of the Jeep so had to be towed out. Troy pulled me and warned me that his Jeep is a tank and will destroy mine if I didn't choose my lines wisely. Jase and I were still having a good time as we stayed on Troy's butt the whole time.  We basically stayed with the group and Troy noted that this was his easiest recovery ever. A little difficulty on winch hill 5 making the tight turns but were off the trail by 2:00pm. We convinced Troy to take off the tow strap before we got to the staging area so we didn't look like a trophy he caught. Drove in on front wheel drive with no problems.

Stopped off at registration and they were serving "Broken Axle" as specialty drink for the event.  Needless to say many were consumed.  Jase was itching to see what we broke, axle, ring gear, differential? I just went for a nap as I was done with it. Late Friday morning we opened it up and saw broken teeth in the differential.  Further inspection was the spider gears in the differential broke. So we cleaned out the debris and put new oil in and took off the rear drive shaft. Not a bad situation as I was going to re-gear and add a rear locker anyway just sooner than expected. However the new front steering system that we put in the weekend before worked greatgrin

Jase, Stace, Brian, and Sean followed me on the freeway as I drove over 100 miles in front wheel drive.  After a stop at Smokey's BBQ in Truckee of course! I pretty much did keep up with Brian most of the time so was proud of that. The Jeep is parked waiting for parts and probably done until next year.

I want to thank everyone at camp for their help with the Jeep and just all around fun the whole week! I think we had 14 people at camp on Saturday night so that was a success. I do feel sorry for Keith and Roy and Romika as they won lots of stuff at the raffle so now they are obligated to keep coming back.win

See everyone at the next meeting.

August 23, 2024
8:03 am
Gregulator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 3054

Sounds like a fun trip. I'm sad I had to miss it again this year...sad But, WHERE are all the pictures????

no-pics

Um...what?

August 23, 2024
1:05 pm
Jamie (K6NUB)
Fiddletown

Club Webmaster
Forum Posts: 767

What happens at Sierra trek, stays at Sierra trek

Gregulator said

Sounds like a fun trip. I'm sad I had to miss it again this year...sad But, WHERE are all the pictures????

no-pics

K6NUB

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3054
Jeff_R: 1768
RobD: 1721
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1410
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 141
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4268
Newest Members:
Julie Dwyer, [email protected], keithsavoy3, follosdin, TerryL, [email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 7029, Lynda and Guy: 202, kris_olof: 1115, Jamie (K6NUB): 767
Administrators: k-jeep: 2237
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: rokjeep, frostie_jeep