Sierra Trek 2026 - Hosted by Cal 4Wheel - Camping/ Overnight|Page 2|Trail Runs / Events|Forum|Gold Hills Posse 4x4

Don't Forget, meetings have moved to our new location @ Mark and Monica's Family Pizza, 4751 Manzanita Ave., Carmichael, CA 95608!

Forum
Avatar
Please consider registering
Guest
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
message
Sierra Trek 2026 - Hosted by Cal 4Wheel - Camping/ Overnight
Huge 4x4 weekend overnight extravaganza and more!
July 6, 2026
6:54 am
Avatar
Calaveras32Spcl
Biggs, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 268
Member Since:
May 12, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Chris Campbell said
Both girls have out of town tournaments that weekend at different places.   Don't think we will be able to make this one.   Have fun
  

Those girls seem to be conspiring to ruin all of your good off-road trips.

Dale Mogg - WRZG209

July 12, 2026
5:49 pm
Avatar
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 2101
Member Since:
July 14, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I learned yesterday that the Forest Service has closed off a lot of the traditional Trek camping space near the Meadow just north of the campground. It will greatly increase competition for space in the campground. We need to start putting together our plan B for camping. We may not find space in the campground. I don't know exactly when I will be able to get there this year because my son will be flying down from Seattle to work on the house they just bought in Roseville and I will be helping him with it. He flies back to Seattle on the Sunday before Trek and I fly up their the Wednesday after Trek to drive one of their vehicles back here. Busy time for me.

Jeff and Kathy Root

July 13, 2026
10:16 am
Avatar
Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1465
Member Since:
February 26, 2014
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’m planning on going up on Sunday to take the wood. I can take my tent as well I’m supposed to meet Roy and Romika. I will go back on Tuesday for the week. 

July 15, 2026
6:06 am
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We are going to try and run up there on Saturday and claim spots. Can update everyone after that. 

July 16, 2026
7:22 pm
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Can we get a headcount for camping spots and know who’s camping with trailers and who is who n tents so I can claim enough spots for the club?  

We will jam up early Saturday morning and place the trailer and jeep and caution tape off spots. We will return on Sunday to fight others off and hang out until y’all show up. 

July 17, 2026
7:17 am
Avatar
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 2101
Member Since:
July 14, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Roy & Romika said
Can we get a headcount for camping spots and know who’s camping with trailers and who is who n tents so I can claim enough spots for the club?  
We will jam up early Saturday morning and place the trailer and jeep and caution tape off spots. We will return on Sunday to fight others off and hang out until y’all show up. 
  

My original plan was to take the trailer and Jeep up, with Kathy driving one vehicle, on the Saturday or possibly even the Friday before Trek. That was the plan before my son and his wife bought a house in Roseville. I have been painting the interior and doing a lot of other work on it for them. He flies down from Washington and now I will be helping him installing flooring and doing other work on it between July 24th through the 2nd of August. A couple of days after Trek, I fly up to Washington to drive one of their vehicles back here during their move. Needless to say, all this impacts my plans. I'm not sure if I will take the trailer to Trek or just tent camp for flexibility and simplicity sake and because I won't have much time to deal with trailer, truck and Jeep cleanup right after Trek. I will let you know my camping plans when it gets closer.

Jeff and Kathy Root

July 17, 2026
7:24 am
Avatar
Jamie (K6NUB)
El Dorado
Admin
Forum Posts: 948
Member Since:
August 5, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I am a single tent, thanks Roy & Romika for making sure we are covered! I want in on that role when I retire, just a couple more years hopefully!

Jamie & Damaris Jeep Wheelie

July 17, 2026
7:20 pm
Avatar
Manchu19
Member
Subscriber
Forum Posts: 13
Member Since:
May 13, 2026
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’m also a single tent.

Richard 

July 18, 2026
11:38 am
Avatar
Sloguy
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 511
Member Since:
December 14, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have a big guy tent.  Probably arriving Wednesday.

July 19, 2026
9:21 am
Avatar
heykell
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 32
Member Since:
September 29, 2024
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Count me in for a tent spot and I'll be up Friday.

∼ Kelly ~ (aka SheSquatch)

July 19, 2026
11:43 am
Avatar
JKJeepGirl
Roseville
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 13
Member Since:
February 26, 2024
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Jase n Stace = tent coming up Wed!

~Stacey “no nuts” ~

July 20, 2026
9:15 am
Avatar
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 624
Member Since:
April 18, 2019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Roy & Romika said
Can we get a headcount for camping spots and know who’s camping with trailers and who is who n tents so I can claim enough spots for the club?  
We will jam up early Saturday morning and place the trailer and jeep and caution tape off spots. We will return on Sunday to fight others off and hang out until y’all show up. 
  

 

THANK YOU Roy & Romika!! Appreciate it! (And Jeff, and Gill and others too 🙂

Sean and I are planning to come up on Tuesday night (arrive maybe 7pm ish). We both will have small(ish) tents. 

// Brian //

July 20, 2026
9:32 am
Avatar
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 624
Member Since:
April 18, 2019
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Jeff_R said
I learned yesterday that the Forest Service has closed off a lot of the traditional Trek camping space near the Meadow just north of the campground. It will greatly increase competition for space in the campground. We need to start putting together our plan B for camping. We may not find space in the campground. I don't know exactly when I will be able to get there this year because my son will be flying down from Seattle to work on the house they just bought in Roseville and I will be helping him with it. He flies back to Seattle on the Sunday before Trek and I fly up their the Wednesday after Trek to drive one of their vehicles back here. Busy time for me.
  

 

Thanks Jeff. The hard part will be the trailers and where they can reasonably get into ... as such, Ill defer to you/Roy & Romika.

That said, some possible ideas to check out are circled in red in attached screen capture (blue box is C4W main area and green circles are in camp-ground where we ideally want to be). I am sure these areas will be quick to fill up too though...

 

Screenshot-2026-07-20-092636.jpgImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

// Brian //

July 20, 2026
5:21 pm
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Folsom4Rnr (Brian) said

Jeff_R said
I learned yesterday that the Forest Service has closed off a lot of the traditional Trek camping space near the Meadow just north of the campground. It will greatly increase competition for space in the campground. We need to start putting together our plan B for camping. We may not find space in the campground. I don't know exactly when I will be able to get there this year because my son will be flying down from Seattle to work on the house they just bought in Roseville and I will be helping him with it. He flies back to Seattle on the Sunday before Trek and I fly up their the Wednesday after Trek to drive one of their vehicles back here. Busy time for me.
  

 
Thanks Jeff. The hard part will be the trailers and where they can reasonably get into ... as such, Ill defer to you/Roy & Romika.
That said, some possible ideas to check out are circled in red in attached screen capture (blue box is C4W main area and green circles are in camp-ground where we ideally want to be). I am sure these areas will be quick to fill up too though...
 

  

We will shoot for the areas in Green. I don’t think I can get our trailer back to the area in red but if we have to go there I’ll do my best to save it for the club and find a location for the trailer. Hopefully getting up there early Saturday beats the traffic some. 

July 23, 2026
3:31 pm
Avatar
MrB
Orangevale
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 43
Member Since:
August 16, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've got headcount for camping, but a question that might change arrival day. I was going to do Signal Peak on Friday and see if I could ride with someone to check out Fordyce on Thursday. They replaced Signal Peak with Gold Valley on Friday, which requries 35"s, so I'm out. Is anyone running Fordyce or River Run on Friday that I can passenger with? I want to see what all the buzz is about.

Headcount

Me (Jerry) & Miss Yvonne in an appropriately sized tent

Andy (Mr Colorado) in a tent with GHP group

Mark (Hans Solo) will likely hermit somewhere in greater vicinity

 

We were planning on coming up on Wednesday PM to facilitate ride-along Thursday, but now that I'm not running on Friday, may come up Thursday PM.

July 24, 2026
8:45 am
Avatar
Calaveras32Spcl
Biggs, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 268
Member Since:
May 12, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MrB said
I've got headcount for camping, but a question that might change arrival day. I was going to do Signal Peak on Friday and see if I could ride with someone to check out Fordyce on Thursday. They replaced Signal Peak with Gold Valley on Friday, which requries 35"s, so I'm out. Is anyone running Fordyce or River Run on Friday that I can passenger with? I want to see what all the buzz is about.
Headcount
Me (Jerry) & Miss Yvonne in an appropriately sized tent
Andy (Mr Colorado) in a tent with GHP group
Mark (Hans Solo) will likely hermit somewhere in greater vicinity
 
We were planning on coming up on Wednesday PM to facilitate ride-along Thursday, but now that I'm not running on Friday, may come up Thursday PM.
  

What ever happened to the drone footage from last year?

Dale Mogg - WRZG209

July 24, 2026
10:37 am
Avatar
MrB
Orangevale
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 43
Member Since:
August 16, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Calaveras32Spcl said

MrB said
I've got headcount for camping, but a question that might change arrival day. I was going to do Signal Peak on Friday and see if I could ride with someone to check out Fordyce on Thursday. They replaced Signal Peak with Gold Valley on Friday, which requries 35"s, so I'm out. Is anyone running Fordyce or River Run on Friday that I can passenger with? I want to see what all the buzz is about.
Headcount
Me (Jerry) & Miss Yvonne in an appropriately sized tent
Andy (Mr Colorado) in a tent with GHP group
Mark (Hans Solo) will likely hermit somewhere in greater vicinity
 
We were planning on coming up on Wednesday PM to facilitate ride-along Thursday, but now that I'm not running on Friday, may come up Thursday PM.
  

What ever happened to the drone footage from last year?
  

I asked Mark about that and he feels terrible, but it somehow went missing, got deleted, or was just otherwise unavailable. We'll have to do a reshoot this year!

July 24, 2026
1:20 pm
Avatar
Calaveras32Spcl
Biggs, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 268
Member Since:
May 12, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MrB said

Calaveras32Spcl said

MrB said
I've got headcount for camping, but a question that might change arrival day. I was going to do Signal Peak on Friday and see if I could ride with someone to check out Fordyce on Thursday. They replaced Signal Peak with Gold Valley on Friday, which requries 35"s, so I'm out. Is anyone running Fordyce or River Run on Friday that I can passenger with? I want to see what all the buzz is about.
Headcount
Me (Jerry) & Miss Yvonne in an appropriately sized tent
Andy (Mr Colorado) in a tent with GHP group
Mark (Hans Solo) will likely hermit somewhere in greater vicinity
 
We were planning on coming up on Wednesday PM to facilitate ride-along Thursday, but now that I'm not running on Friday, may come up Thursday PM.
  

What ever happened to the drone footage from last year?
  

I asked Mark about that and he feels terrible, but it somehow went missing, got deleted, or was just otherwise unavailable. We'll have to do a reshoot this year!
  

No worries, stuff happens. You guys have the chance to run that trail again. I won't be there this year but look forward to seeing some pictures and videos. 

Dale Mogg - WRZG209

July 27, 2026
9:39 am
Avatar
MrB
Orangevale
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 43
Member Since:
August 16, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Is anyone running Fordyce or River Run on Friday that I can passenger with?

July 27, 2026
12:30 pm
Avatar
MrB
Orangevale
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 43
Member Since:
August 16, 2023
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MrB said
Is anyone running Fordyce or River Run on Friday that I can passenger with?
  

I got a ride on the Thursday run… thank you Jamie!! See y’all Wed PM! Save me and my bro a spot in camp please.  

July 28, 2026
8:25 pm
Avatar
Sloguy
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 511
Member Since:
December 14, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Aileen is also signed up.  She will be riding up with Kelly and Yvonne on Friday.  She says she can volunteer for Sunday Breakfast also.

 

So it's now me driving in on Wednesday, helping with Outer Limits on Saturday with Aileen as a passenger.

 

I am signed up for the Thursday Poker Run but I will probably not go as I am not driving.  Still waiting on gears for the JK. sleeping2

 

Thanks Jeff!

July 30, 2026
4:15 pm
Avatar
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 2101
Member Since:
July 14, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I drove up to Meadow Lake today (Thursday) to see if I could get us our usual campsites. Several of the campground's sites were available but our usual spots appeared to possibly have just been occupied. Two rigs were there but nobody was around. A camp stove was in one site on the table, a truck and trailer were blocking the entrance to another one, and a truck was in the other one. It turns out there is a group of six or so rigs that will be camping there until Sunday morning. All are arriving today. Site number 18, the large site that Roy and Romika had last year, was still open. I had my friend hold it while I drove over to ask the camp host about the other sites since they didn't have reservation tags on them and because there was no one around. Long story short, I pitched a tent and reserved #18 for the Roy and Romika who will be taking their trailer up their tomorrow (Friday) morning. I reserved it under my name and the JLU plate number for two nights ($30 total).

The other people returned when I was there with the campground host (Rachelle), who was in the process of removing their camp stove since no one had formerly reserved the campsite. Had a great conversation with everyone involved. Everyone understands that we would like to take at least two of those spots on Sunday morning. They are planning to leave about 9am on Sunday and Roy and Romika are heading up their on Sunday. I called Roy and Roy said that they will try to get their early (by nine or so) Sunday morning in order to help us get the other sites we want. Fingers crossed that all goes well!

The camp host will be off starting on August 1st for the week and Rene Allen of the Mad Hatters, will be acting as the camp host through the end of Trek. I will reach out to Rene and make sure she understand our plans.

Roy, you will need to pay Rene to reserve campsite #18 from the 1st on and also reserve the other sites we need/want for the duration. Campsites are $15/day and $3.00 per extra vehicle. This year let's keep a good record of who pays for what so that we can reimburse those who are due a reimbursement. Ideally keep your campsite stubs and record how much you paid for each. We can do the math at or after Trek to make sure that the cost gets distributed properly.

Roy and I will talk in the morning after he gets there and discuss what other campsites we may want to reserve. I'm thinking #22 (the long one Roy and Romika had two years ago) and at least one other. If Daniel (red 70's Landcruiser) that I spoke with today is in camp, Roy can introduce himself and their group know what sites we want. He is a really nice guy!

There are a lot of down logs and other wood in these sites that would make great firewood if someone can bring an electric chainsaw (we first need to check with the host to confirm that we can cut it up). Roy and Romika, you will need to track down the host to pay our fees. She is in the Meadow near the lake just before the main campground area.

Sorry for the long post. Please try to keep all post in this thread related to the event and the logistics of it so that we don't miss important communications in unnecessary chit chat. I will provide updates in the near future. Thanks! 

And please, please remember, DO NOT FOLLOW YOUR GPS AND TURN OFF OF JACKSON MEADOW ROAD UNTIL YOU ARE AT OR PAST WEBBER LAKE (THERE ARE TWO ROUTES TO GET THERE FROM WEBBER LAKE), OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE TAKING A GOAT TRAIL TO MEADOW LAKE AND YOUR RIG WILL HAVE MAJOR PINSTRIPPING!

Jeff and Kathy Root

July 30, 2026
7:45 pm
Avatar
Curtis95662
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 27
Member Since:
February 14, 2025
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I apologize for the late response we will have our 10X10 easy up tent enclosure and Audrey will have a rooftop tent on her jeep. We are all registered and we signed up to volunteer for Thursday dinner. We will be arriving on Wednesday.

August 1, 2026
11:05 pm
Avatar
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista
Member

Club Member
Forum Posts: 2101
Member Since:
July 14, 2016
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I was hoping to head up Sunday but I won't make it up to Meadow Lake until Monday about mid day or so. See you all there when you get there. A special thank you to Roy and Romika who are going to head up very early on Sunday morning in order to secure the rest of our campsites before the group that is in them now leaves.

Jeff and Kathy Root

August 2, 2026
1:58 am
Avatar
Roy & Romika
Elverta, CA
Moderator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 393
Member Since:
September 22, 2017
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Jeff_R said
I was hoping to head up Sunday but I won't make it up to Meadow Lake until Monday about mid day or so. See you all there when you get there. A special thank you to Roy and Romika who are going to head up very early on Sunday morning in order to secure the rest of our campsites before the group that is in them now leaves.
  

Our pleasure. Can’t wait to see everyone. Drive careful. 

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 647
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 5
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9521
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3118
Jeff_R: 2101
RobD: 1721
Josh: 1630
Gilbert & Betty: 1465
Tom: 1465
Guy and Lynda: 1448
Justin: 1416
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 148
Moderators: 16
Admins: 2
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4506
Posts: 69230
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: Gregulator, Mash5boom, Lynda and Guy, Keith and Katina