Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
March 7, 2022
6:50 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1703
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Is there any interest in doing volunteer work or just going as a club to Sierra Trek August 11-14? I would love to do winch hill 5 spotting/support again if it's available. I couldn't go last year due to my son's wedding but I'm very interested in going this year.

Moved over from the previous thread:

If you are interested in volunteering to help out at this year's Sierra Trek August 11-14, or even just some of those days, please indicate so in this thread. It is my understanding that winch hill four is still in need of staffing. I hope our club will have enough volunteers for us to staff it this year. Regardless of your level of experience we could use your help.

Our primary function will be to work as a team to get vehicles safely up and down winch hill four. We will need spotters to show people the line and to winch vehicles when needed. Volunteers get a reduced registration fee and get to participate in one run. Breakfast and dinner are included and they feed you very well. This is a great off-roading event and social gathering for four wheelers. There is live band and a bar or BYOB for evening entertainment, dancing, a major raffle, vendor booths, pay showers and much more. This is a family friendly event so don't be afraid to bring the family. There is a fee for extra people to cover the food costs. 

What we need: If we can get a firm commitment from 6 to 8 people within a week I will confirm with Cal 4X4 that we are committed to staffing the hill. Hopefully we can ad more volunteers after that. The more, the better (many hands makes for light work!). The more volunteers we have, the more opportunity you will have to do other things such as extra runs (extra runs can be purchased I believe) or just hanging out in camp at Meadow Lake.

Run descriptions: https://cal4wheel.com/sierra-t.....scriptions

Overview and FAQ's: https://cal4wheel.com/sierra-trek

Let me know if you have any questions. There is a lot of information in the above links.

So who is interested? Please indicate interested or committed in your replies. Thanks! I am committed.

March 7, 2022
7:14 pm
JigglyJr

Club Member
Forum Posts: 140

I will be at Sierra Trek, but I will be at a vendor booth Thursday-Friday and on the river run Saturday. Would love to see you guys out there

Sean Rose
916-502-5082
1991 Toyota 4runner

March 8, 2022
8:46 am
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 6994

Hi Jeff.  Can you bring this up at the meeting this week?

March 8, 2022
9:07 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

BKGM Jeepers said
Hi Jeff.  Can you bring this up at the meeting this week?

Will do Brad.

March 8, 2022
7:31 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Can someone contact the Sierra Trek organizers on behalf of our club and see what opening they have for club volunteers, especially winch hills or other fun activities?

March 8, 2022
9:25 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member
Forum Posts: 435

Jeff_R said
Is there any interest in doing volunteer work or just going as a club to Sierra Trek August 11-14? I would love to do winch hill 5 spotting/support again if it's available. I couldn't go last year due to my son's wedding but I'm very interested in going this year.

I’m very interested in going and willing to volunteer some (winch hill or something similarly fun) but would want to do at least a run or two. Looking forward to discussion at the meeting. 

March 9, 2022
7:56 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Folsom4Rnr (Brian) said
I’m very interested in going and willing to volunteer some (winch hill or something similarly fun) but would want to do at least a run or two. Looking forward to discussion at the meeting. 

I have Tyler looking into opportunities for us. If you volunteer you get a reduced rate and get one run included with your registration. Tyler believes winch hill five is already taken.

March 9, 2022
3:13 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

Jeff_R said

Folsom4Rnr (Brian) said

I have Tyler looking into opportunities for us. If you volunteer you get a reduced rate and get one run included with your registration. Tyler believes winch hill five is already taken.

Sounds good - looking forward to what Tyler relays. 

March 10, 2022
12:22 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Per text from Tyler:

Alright, got a small update... wh4 is still open. And kitchen staff to help serve a meal is needed. Other than that, it sounds like there's more need for misc volunteers to help with stuff like hauling in the Porta potties, setup, teardown, etc. 

March 10, 2022
6:25 pm
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member
Forum Posts: 300

Yeah winch hill 4 sounds fun! Im in! 

March 11, 2022
12:18 pm
BKGM Jeepers
Folsom

Club President
Forum Posts: 6994

I could plan to help out as well for a winch hill.  I just need more details on cost at some point.

March 11, 2022
4:37 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

BKGM Jeepers said
I could plan to help out as well for a winch hill.  I just need more details on cost at some point.

Thanks Brad, I will get more information. 

March 12, 2022
9:18 am
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

Jeff_R said
Per text from Tyler:

Alright, got a small update... wh4 is still open. And kitchen staff to help serve a meal is needed. Other than that, it sounds like there's more need for misc volunteers to help with stuff like hauling in the Porta potties, setup, teardown, etc. 

Jeff count me in. Very interested in doing winch hill 4. Thanks

March 12, 2022
1:04 pm
Jamie (K6NUB)
Fiddletown

Club Webmaster
Forum Posts: 724

Hi all, I edited Jeff's original post below to include the detail form a duplicate thread. I am now going to remove the other thread.

K6NUB

March 20, 2022
11:34 pm
Chris Campbell

Club Member
Forum Posts: 163

I would be interested.  I've done WH 4 in the past at Sierra trek and had a great time.

March 21, 2022
6:40 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

I sent an email early last week to the Sierra Trek email address that Tyler gave me in order to inquire about volunteering at Sierra Trek. So far I haven't received a response. Does anyone have a contact person that we should reach out to in order to get more information? I'm trying to get information as soon as possible so we can discuss it at our next meeting.

March 28, 2022
6:22 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Update: I received an unsigned email reply from a Cal 4X4 Sierra Trek organizer on March 22nd. It said "My committees are reporting in to me as we speak I should have solid answer in a few days". I haven't heard anything more. I was hoping to get some information by our next meeting. If I don't hear anything in a few days I will reach back out to them.

March 28, 2022
11:13 am
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member

Thanks jeff

March 29, 2022
4:20 pm
Sloguy

Club Member
Forum Posts: 373

Thanks Jeff.

I'm still very interested.

March 29, 2022
7:34 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

Jeff_R said
Update: I received an unsigned email reply from a Cal 4X4 Sierra Trek organizer on March 22nd. It said "My committees are reporting in to me as we speak I should have solid answer in a few days". I haven't heard anything more. I was hoping to get some information by our next meeting. If I don't hear anything in a few days I will reach back out to them.

Thanks for the update Jeff. Still very interested in this as well. 
Any word if anyone from that other club is interested in joining us?

April 11, 2022
12:03 pm
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member

Jeff, any updates on Sierra Trek?

April 11, 2022
1:08 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Robert & Amber said
Jeff, any updates on Sierra Trek?

No, I sent an email last week and never received a reply. I will try again today and hopefully have some info by our Thursday meeting.

April 13, 2022
7:16 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

I received an email this morning asking if our club would be interested in running the Outer Limits run on Saturday. I sent a reply asking for additional information, including the specific route. Here is the description of the run that is posted on the Cal4wheel webpage (https://cal4wheel.com/sierra-t.....scriptions):

• SATURDAY OUTER LIMITS RUN

Experience the High Sierra on this guided run through the Gold Country. There is one loop that for completely stock 4x4s as well as an intermediate loop designed for slightly modified 4x4s. The run will stage at the large parking lot at Highway 89 and USFS Road 7 (Webber Lake and Jackson Meadows turnout off Hwy 89) at 8:00 am. Departing at 9:00 am.
April 15, 2022
4:31 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

At last night's meeting John Allen and his wife Renee came to talk to our club about Sierra Trek 2022. John is the 22/23 chairman for Sierra Trek and is president of the Madhatters 4X4 club which Tyler also belongs to. I have gone on a few runs with John, his club and Tyler. John came to talk to us about volunteering at this years Sierra Trek. As mentioned in the post immediately above, they are looking for a group to run the Saturday Outer Limits run. They also need volunteers for other functions, including cooking meals.

We are looking for six to eight rigs to help guide the Outer Limits run on Saturday August 13th. This is not a very technical run and it is open to stock 4X4's. Volunteers pay $100 per person for registration, which includes all meals plus participation in one run. The $100 registration fee covers all of their hard costs. You can signup and pay for an additional run for $30 if you want. Standard pricing information can be found here: https://cal4wheel.com/sierra-t.....ns#pricing

Sierra Trek is a fun event with vendors, live music, dancing, a bar for adult beverages (or BYOB), pay showers, great camaraderie, off-roading and more. It is also a major fundraising event for CalFourWheel. It runs from August 11th through the 14th and is staged at Meadow Lake (take Hwy 89 to Jackson Meadows road to Meadow Lake road).

Please post up in this thread and indicate if you are interested in volunteering and indicate either Outer Limits run or cooking/other as your area of interest. If you don't want to wheel there are also rates for camping, meals and entertainment only. If you do volunteer, we will give you special registration instructions so that you get the discounted registration fee. The number of volunteer slots may be limited, so be sure to sign up on this thread early. If we do end up cooking a meal, we will definitely need plenty of volunteers because we will be cooking for several hundred people. I think this is a great opportunity for us to do something as a club! I would be most interested in volunteering for the Outer Limits run but I'm also not opposed to doing some cooking either.

As soon as we get six sold commitments to help run the Outer Limits run I let John Allen know that we are confirming our club to this event.

April 15, 2022
10:28 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

Jeff_R said
At last night's meeting John Allen and his wife Renee came to talk to our club about Sierra Trek 2022. John is the 22/23 chairman for Sierra Trek and is president of the Madhatters 4X4 club which Tyler also belongs to. I have gone on a few runs with John, his club and Tyler. John came to talk to us about volunteering at this years Sierra Trek. As mentioned in the post immediately above, they are looking for a group to run the Saturday Outer Limits run. They also need volunteers for other functions, including cooking meals.

We are looking for six to eight rigs to help guide the Outer Limits run on Saturday August 13th. This is not a very technical run and it is open to stock 4X4's. Volunteers pay $100 per person for registration, which includes all meals plus participation in one run. The $100 registration fee covers all of their hard costs. You can signup and pay for an additional run for $30 if you want. Standard pricing information can be found here: https://cal4wheel.com/sierra-t.....ns#pricing

Sierra Trek is a fun event with vendors, live music, dancing, a bar for adult beverages (or BYOB), pay showers, great camaraderie, off-roading and more. It is also a major fundraising event for CalFourWheel. It runs from August 11th through the 14th and is staged at Meadow Lake (take Hwy 89 to Jackson Meadows road to Meadow Lake road).

Please post up in this thread and indicate if you are interested in volunteering and indicate either Outer Limits run or cooking/other as your area of interest. If you don't want to wheel there are also rates for camping, meals and entertainment only. If you do volunteer, we will give you special registration instructions so that you get the discounted registration fee. The number of volunteer slots may be limited, so be sure to sign up on this thread early. If we do end up cooking a meal, we will definitely need plenty of volunteers because we will be cooking for several hundred people. I think this is a great opportunity for us to do something as a club! I would be most interested in volunteering for the Outer Limits run but I'm also not opposed to doing some cooking either.

Count me in for helping on the Saturday Outer Limits run. 

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3050
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1703
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1397
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 139
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4234
Newest Members:
guy67x8010703593, liliaridenour1, Robertwer, [email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6994, Lynda and Guy: 196, kris_olof: 1088, Jamie (K6NUB): 724
Administrators: k-jeep: 2225
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: Jeff_R, 2013JKUR
Upcoming: Timfountain63CJ5