Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
May 7, 2022
7:56 am
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member
Forum Posts: 300
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Jeff_R said
Besides Scott, who else is planning on just coming up for the day on Saturday to help with the Outer Limits run? I spoke to the Sierra Trek chairman last night and ideally they would like all volunteers to be registered for Sierra Trek. Part of the reason is because of liability issues. In 2018 a volunteer was killed when his Jeep rolled as he was moving it while staffing winch hill 2. If we have others who were not planning to register than I need to know who so we can look at our options.

On the issue of runs, when you register as a volunteer you will be asked a few questions. Be sure indicate that you are with Gold Hills Posse as that will associate you with the Outer Limits run. You can also sign up for a committee run, which is a run for committee members (volunteers). If you want to do an addition run, you can pay for an additional run in addition to your free run and the Outer Limits run.

Does registering for sierra trek require having a cal4wheel membership? 

May 7, 2022
8:49 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1703

Robert & Amber said

Jeff_R said

Besides Scott, who else is planning on just coming up for the day on Saturday to help with the Outer Limits run? I spoke to the Sierra Trek chairman last night and ideally they would like all volunteers to be registered for Sierra Trek. Part of the reason is because of liability issues. In 2018 a volunteer was killed when his Jeep rolled as he was moving it while staffing winch hill 2. If we have others who were not planning to register than I need to know who so we can look at our options.

On the issue of runs, when you register as a volunteer you will be asked a few questions. Be sure indicate that you are with Gold Hills Posse as that will associate you with the Outer Limits run. You can also sign up for a committee run, which is a run for committee members (volunteers). If you want to do an addition run, you can pay for an additional run in addition to your free run and the Outer Limits run.

No, but I think it is a couple of bucks more for non-members.

May 8, 2022
11:26 am
Sloguy

Club Member
Forum Posts: 373

Jeff_R said

Robert & Amber said

Jeff_R said

No, but I think it is a couple of bucks more for non-members.

I think the Non Member price is $10 more to volunteer.

The form showed a split price and I was charged the lower amount but my Cal4Wheel membership is paid through 2022/2023.

May 8, 2022
5:51 pm
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member

Im signed up for Friday signal peak and Saturday outer limits. River run is pretty intimate so it will pass on that. So $110 and that covers me for Thursday dinner, Friday and Saturday breakfast and dinner and Sunday breakfast? 

May 8, 2022
7:53 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Robert & Amber said
Im signed up for Friday signal peak and Saturday outer limits. River run is pretty intimate so it will pass on that. So $110 and that covers me for Thursday dinner, Friday and Saturday breakfast and dinner and Sunday breakfast? 

Yes, I believe that is correct on the meals. And they feed you well! You will be fine doing the river run. Spotters and winches on the winch hills should you want or need it. You should do the river run with us.

May 8, 2022
8:39 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member
Forum Posts: 435

Alright, I got my friend and I all signed up!! Thanks Jeff & John for the guidance on getting it right - it helped and I appreciate it. We will be on the Thursday Fordyce Committee River Run, the Friday Signal Peak run, and of course the Saturday Outer Limits run. Looking forward to it!

May 9, 2022
9:15 am
Sloguy

Club Member

Jeff_R said

Robert & Amber said

Yes, I believe that is correct on the meals. And they feed you well! You will be fine doing the river run. Spotters and winches on the winch hills should you want or need it. You should do the river run with us.

Robert you should have no troubles on the River Run.  When Jeff and I went 3 years ago it was only my 3rd run with my Jeep. They have spotters and hook your winch up if needed.  Granted trails change over time but you're a better driver than me. Shoot I haven't done the Rubicon Trail yet. Hope to see you on the run.

May 10, 2022
8:27 am
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member

Jeff_R said

Robert & Amber said

I hope it’s correct or I will be very hungry. Thanks for getting this all set up for the club. It will be a ton of fun!

May 10, 2022
8:31 am
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member

Sloguy said

Jeff_R said

Robert & Amber said

Robert you should have no troubles on the River Run.  When Jeff and I went 3 years ago it was only my 3rd run with my Jeep. They have spotters and hook your winch up if needed.  Granted trails change over time but you're a better driver than me. Shoot I haven't done the Rubicon Trail yet. Hope to see you on the run.

I will stick with my signal peak run. Ive really been wanting to do that run but not much opportunity to run it because of how far away it is. It will all be fun.  

May 10, 2022
10:23 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Robert & Amber said

Sloguy said

Jeff_R said

Robert & Amber said

I will stick with my signal peak run. Ive really been wanting to do that run but not much opportunity to run it because of how far away it is. It will all be fun.  

It is an hour and 45 minutes from Meadow Lake to the Signal Peak trailhead. So you will be spending almost 4 hours on pavement, round trip. The other runs, besides the Outer Limits run are on dirt/rock staring at Meadow Lake so no need to air up and down. My recommendation would to run signal peak with us some other time. As for the meals, they are included but I just wasn't sure if you had them all correct.

July 27, 2022
8:35 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

I was finally available to attend my first Sierra Trek Zoom planning meeting tonight. There is still a need for volunteers for various positions. They need help with meal preparation, especially breakfasts and also for assistance on winch hill 2. They have extended the meal deadline for those who register by the 31st. If you are interested in helping out, let me know asap and I will put you in touch with someone who can answer any questions you might have. They are feeding over 600 people! There are special rates for volunteers. Thanks.

Looks like we will have about 50 rigs for the Outer Limits run. I think the cap is 50. CalStar will be doing a training exercise on Wednesday and will be landing near the camp at Meadow Lake. Should be lots of fun.

July 28, 2022
11:47 am
Sloguy

Club Member

Wow 50!  Sounds like fun.  Looking forward to the pre-run on Saturday.

August 5, 2022
8:39 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Woohoo, Sierra Trek is next week! Unfortunately Josh and Chris Campbell can't make it. Fortunately we have enough club members still participating in the run that we should be able to show the attendees a good time. I'm planning on going up early on Wednesday in order to try to secure a good campsite in the campground for our group. I also sent a text to John Allen, the president of Sierra Trek who attended one of our club's meetings and who is up there now, asking if he could secure our group a campsite. If the campsite is full I will try to secure a spot close to the center of the activities and close to the restrooms, but far enough away so there is a little less noise. I need to know who would like me to try to accommodate at our campsite and when you plan to arrive. Depending on how many rigs and people want to join me (us) may determine where we end up camping.

If you have a CB please bring it because I suspect some of the people on the run will only have a CB or no two way radio at all. Please be aware that you are on your own for all meals on Wednesday and for breakfast on Thursday. You are also on your own for all lunches and possibly for breakfast on Saturday, the day of the run, depending on what time you leave camp. Staging at Hwy 89 and Jackson Meadows Road is at 8:00 a.m. and we leave at 9:00. It is an hour or so drive from Meadow Lake to the staging area so plan accordingly.

Please let me know what day and time you plan to arrive, especially if you plan to camp with us. If you pm me your phone number if I don't already have it, I will try to text you and let you know where we are camped so you can more easily find us. Gil and Lynda, do we have club interest cards to hand out? Also, do we have the club banner that Gil mentioned to me? It would be nice to show our club colors.

August 5, 2022
10:14 pm
Sloguy

Club Member

Jeff_R said
Woohoo, Sierra Trek is next week! Unfortunately Josh and Chris Campbell can't make it. Fortunately we have enough club members still participating in the run that we should be able to show the attendees a good time. I'm planning on going up early on Wednesday in order to try to secure a good campsite in the campground for our group. I also sent a text to John Allen, the president of Sierra Trek who attended one of our club's meetings and who is up there now, asking if he could secure our group a campsite. If the campsite is full I will try to secure a spot close to the center of the activities and close to the restrooms, but far enough away so there is a little less noise. I need to know who would like me to try to accommodate at our campsite and when you plan to arrive. Depending on how many rigs and people want to join me (us) may determine where we end up camping.

If you have a CB please bring it because I suspect some of the people on the run will only have a CB or no two way radio at all. Please be aware that you are on your own for all meals on Wednesday and for breakfast on Thursday. You are also on your own for all lunches and possibly for breakfast on Saturday, the day of the run, depending on what time you leave camp. Staging at Hwy 89 and Jackson Meadows Road is at 8:00 a.m. and we leave at 9:00. It is an hour or so drive from Meadow Lake to the staging area so plan accordingly.

Please let me know what day and time you plan to arrive, especially if you plan to camp with us. If you pm me your phone number if I don't already have it, I will try to text you and let you know where we are camped so you can more easily find us. Gil and Lynda, do we have club interest cards to hand out? Also, do we have the club banner that Gil mentioned to me? It would be nice to show our club colors.

I plan on going up Wednesday and will coordinate with you if you want to link up somewhere.  I'll come up 80 via Horseshoe Bar exit so I can meet anywhere at anytime.  It will be just me and the Jeep.

August 6, 2022
12:51 am
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

Jeff_R said

I plan on going up Wed as well (and going same way as John) but not sure what time im leaving yet. Let me know what time and where you all are meeting up and if I can make that I will. Otherwise I’ll meet you at the lake in afternoon. I WOULD like to camp with the group. It will be me and a buddy riding shotgun (so 1 rig) and 2 small 1-man tents for us. I believe you have my cell phone number but let me know if not. 

August 6, 2022
5:48 pm
Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1397

I also will be heading up on Wednesday midday, so I'll meet you guys at the lake.  I would like to camp with the club as well.  Jeff this is my cell number if you don't already have it       (916)542-3880. 

August 6, 2022
7:46 pm
Sloguy

Club Member

Gilbert & Betty said
I also will be heading up on Wednesday midday, so I'll meet you guys at the lake.  I would like to camp with the club as well.  Jeff this is my cell number if you don't already have it       (916)542-3880. 

That's great.  So does that mean you are doing the River Run on Thursday with us smile

August 7, 2022
12:39 pm
Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills

Club Member

Sloguy said

Gilbert & Betty said

That's great.  So does that mean you are doing the River Run on Thursday with us smile

Yup I think so

August 7, 2022
1:41 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

The following are directs to Meadow Lake from the Shell station in Truckee where you will want to top off on fuel. Don't trust your GPS to take you the best route to Meadow Lake. Take Jackson Meadows road and be sure you go past Webber Lake before you turn off of Jackson Meadow road. If your GOPS tells you to take a turn before you get to Webber Lake, you are in for a long, and narrow trail drive to the lake! You can either turn left off Jackson Meadow road on to Dog Valley road then lefty on Meadow Lake road or you can stay on Jackson Meadows road and turn left directly onto Meadow Lake road. There should be a sign on Jackson Meadows road with an arrow indicating where to turn left onto Meadow Lake road. Once you get to the lake you will pass a number of campsites along the north, west shore of the lake. Go past those and proceed to the south, west end of the lake which is where the main campground is and where the camp for Sierra Trek is located.

https://www.google.com/maps/di.....d39.415074

August 7, 2022
4:19 pm
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member

I will be up there Friday morning.

August 9, 2022
7:30 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Here is the latest update:

Arriving and camping at Meadow Lake on Wednesday:

Jeff, John, Gil and Brian. Jeff, John and possible Brian meeting at Shell in Truckee (Hwy 89 exit south side of Hwy 80) at 8:30 a.m. Gil coming up in the afternoon.

Arriving and camping at Meadow Lake on Friday:

Robert (9 a.m. eta) and possibly Kris later in the day

Meeting at the Little Truckee Summit OHV staging area on Jackson at Hwy 89 on Saturday at 8:00 am:

Possibly Kris and Scott. I haven't had an update from Scott so if you read this please confirm your intentions/plans Scott.

Unable to make it:

Josh and Chris

Reminder, if you have a CB please bring it. Also read the directs in a prior post above and do not turn before Webber Lake!

Looking forward to seeing you all there! Please text me and post on this thread if your plans change.

August 14, 2022
2:12 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

I just got home at 1:30 pm on Sunday. Details and stories to follow and there are many including me having to be towed by a buggy all the way from where I broke just after we crossed the river at committee crossing back to Meadow Lake, including up winch hills 3 through 5!

I will share more details about the entire event later but I am extremely proud of how our members represented Gold Hills Posse 4X4 at this event and I know you would all feel the same way had you seen them in action. I can't thank them enough for all their help getting my rig safely drivable and home and for their fantastic teamwork leading the Outer Limits run.

August 14, 2022
2:41 pm
Sloguy

Club Member

The thanks all go to you Jeff for setting this up.  Great coordination by you made for a fantastic weekend with an exceptional crew. Luckily the most damage my TJ got was off the trails and trivial. Brian and Sean's arms are probably twice as strong swinging that hammer for a few hours.

August 14, 2022
3:39 pm
Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills

Club Member

I am home, I got here about 2ish. I already miss the cool weather. Thank you Jeff for setting this up. A special thank you to Betty for insisting on me going. It was a very fun week. And big thanks to the crew without the week would not have been so much fun. I’m looking forward to the next one. I highly recommend to all who could make it. 

August 14, 2022
5:50 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member

I’m home, kinda unpacked and most importantly have showered off all that dust! Thanks all for making it an awesome long weekend - I really enjoyed it. And Jeff huge thanks for the inspiration and all the planning and coordination put into this. I can’t wait till next years! 

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3050
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1703
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1397
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 139
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4234
Newest Members:
guy67x8010703593, liliaridenour1, Robertwer, [email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6994, Lynda and Guy: 196, kris_olof: 1088, Jamie (K6NUB): 724
Administrators: k-jeep: 2225
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: Jeff_R, 2013JKUR
Upcoming: Timfountain63CJ5