Forum
Please consider registering
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
April 16, 2022
1:16 pm
Lynda and Guy

Club Vice President
Forum Posts: 196
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Jeff I'm like you. I would like to do the Outer Limit Run and I don't mind helping them in the kitchen as well. 

L girl

"No beans!"

April 16, 2022
5:04 pm
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member
Forum Posts: 300

Yep im in for the outer limits run

April 20, 2022
8:08 pm
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1703

We still need a few more rigs to help lead this run. The run is on Saturday, so if you don't want to or can't go up mid week, you can still come and assist in leading the run on Saturday provided you can get to the staging area by 8:00 am. Or you can come up after work on Friday and camp and help on on Saturday. Any takers? Any red LJ's that want to get out on a stock 4X4 trail? We will do a pre-run a few weeks before Sierra Trek.

April 21, 2022
7:48 am
Lynda and Guy

Club Vice President
Forum Posts: 196

Jeff_R said
We still need a few more rigs to help lead this run. The run is on Saturday, so if you don't want to or can't go up mid week, you can still come and assist in leading the run on Saturday provided you can get to the staging area by 8:00 am. Or you can come up after work on Friday and camp and help on on Saturday. Any takers? Any red LJ's that want to get out on a stock 4X4 trail? We will do a pre-run a few weeks before Sierra Trek.

Only red LJs??? Are you a snob now??

"No beans!"

April 21, 2022
8:19 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Lynda and Guy said

Jeff_R said

Only red LJs??? Are you a snob now??

No, not just red LJ's. All 4X4's are welcome! Just wanted to see if we can Greg out of the house! grin

April 21, 2022
12:22 pm
Josh

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1631

Hello Jeff,

I don’t have a red Jeep. But I will volunteer with a Blue Jeep to help on the Saturday Outer Limits run. 

Semper Fi

April 24, 2022
10:56 pm
Chris Campbell

Club Member
Forum Posts: 163

How about a red ford.  I need to check the girls soccer schedule before I can commit but sounds like fun.  If this is the trail I am thinking of, the worst part in years past was the sierra pinstripping.  We need to make sure we bring loppers when we do the pre run just in case.

April 25, 2022
8:53 am
Sloguy

Club Member
Forum Posts: 373

Hello Jeff,

I will help out on the run even though I only have a black jeep.

April 25, 2022
9:49 am
JigglyJr

Club Member
Forum Posts: 140

I have a Toyota...but its red 😉

I am signed up for the river run, if you need another rig for the outer limits let me know and I can be there

Sean Rose
916-502-5082
1991 Toyota 4runner

April 25, 2022
10:37 am
Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1397

I'm interested but I will have to confirm after the 5th.  But I'm hopeful I'll be fully cleared. 

April 26, 2022
6:12 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Since we appear to have enough volunteers to run the Outer Limits run, I notified John Allen, chairman of Sierra Trek, to go ahead and put us down for running this event. We will do a pre-run for anyone who is interested. Perhaps we can do a club camping event when we do the pre-run. 

April 27, 2022
9:01 am
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member

Sounds great! Will the pre run be the day before? Where and how do we sign up? Tyler on snail trail podcast interviewing John Allen mentioned Cal4wheel membership requirement to partake in Sierra Trek for insurance purposes. Just FYI

April 27, 2022
1:34 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member
Forum Posts: 435

Jeff_R said
Since we appear to have enough volunteers to run the Outer Limits run, I notified John Allen, chairman of Sierra Trek, to go ahead and put us down for running this event. We will do a pre-run for anyone who is interested. Perhaps we can do a club camping event when we do the pre-run. 

THANK YOU Jeff for coordinating. Good to hear we can gather enough interest to make this happen!

My weekends are filling up fast (and M-F is work) so as Rob said, if we could figure out the pre-run and camp trip sooner rather than later, it’d increase my likelihood of being able to attend. (Which I really want to make happen). 

I’m also interested in how we go about signing up for Trek as a volunteer. I want to do one of the fordyce runs the other day and know those can fill up so I’m hoping to get signed up soon. 

April 29, 2022
7:43 am
Gregulator

Club Member
Forum Posts: 3050

I seem to meet the requirements...I'd like to join, but I can't commit until we get closer to the date. I'm glad to see everyone interested.

Um...what?

April 29, 2022
10:24 am
kris_olof
El Dorado

Club Trailmaster
Forum Posts: 1088

I am in and might be able to recruit a buddy or two to help if needed, else I will have extra passengers.

April 29, 2022
3:35 pm
ScottV - K3SLV

Club Member
Forum Posts: 214

Count me in for the Outer Limits Run Jeff.  I'll come up Saturday morning.

So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. >`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. >

May 1, 2022
8:18 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

I went back through this thread and we have nine rig commitments for the Outer Limits run, with one being an "if needed". Sierra Trek requested about 6 to 8 rigs so it looks like we have enough rigs unless someone has to cancel.  Based on the order of commitment here is who we have (if I missed someone please let me know):

1. Me (Jeff_R) although technically I never posted my commitment in the thread 🙂

2. Brian (Folsom 4Rnr)

3. Robert (Robert & Amber)

4. Josh (Josh) not sure how he came up with that user name!

5. John (Sloguy)

6. Sean (JigglyJr) if needed

7. Greg (Gregulator)

8. Kris (Kris_olof)

9.Scott (ScottV - K3SLV)

10. Gil (Gilbert & Betty)

Thank you to all of those who have volunteered to help out. To those who were a maybe or who are interested, there are volunteer needs for other functions. I would be happy to check on it for you so please let me know if you want to volunteer in some other capacity. I have requested instructions from John Allen on how to register as a volunteer in order to receive the discounted registration rate. When I receive that information I will send it to you in a PM so that information is not posted publically. John said he will send me more specific information about the run which I will share once I receive it.

May 1, 2022
9:02 am
Robert & Amber
Pollock pines

Club Member

Thanks Jeff!

May 1, 2022
6:58 pm
Gilbert & Betty
El Dorado Hills

Club Member
Forum Posts: 1397

Jeff I would like a spot, if possible, but I have a doctor appointment on the 5th this week.  and I'll confirm after that if that's ok.

May 2, 2022
12:48 pm
Folsom4Rnr (Brian)
Folsom, CA

Club Member
Forum Posts: 435

Jeff_R said
I went back through this thread and we have nine rig commitments for the Outer Limits run, with one being an "if needed". Sierra Trek requested about 6 to 8 rigs so it looks like we have enough rigs unless someone has to cancel.  Based on the order of commitment here is who we have (if I missed someone please let me know):

1. Me (Jeff_R) although technically I never posted my commitment in the thread 🙂

2. Brian (Folsom 4Rnr)

5. John (Sloguy)

7. Greg (Gregulator)

8. Kris (Kris_olof)

9.Scott (ScottV - K3SLV)

Thank you to all of those who have volunteered to help out. To those who were a maybe or who are interested, there are volunteer needs for other functions. I would be happy to check on it for you so please let me know if you want to volunteer in some other capacity. I have requested instructions from John Allen on how to register as a volunteer in order to receive the discounted registration rate. When I receive that information I will send it to you in a PM so that information is not posted publically. John said he will send me more specific information about the run which I will share once I receive it.

Sounds good. Thanks!

May 4, 2022
9:22 am
Sloguy

Club Member

Jeff_R said

2. Brian (Folsom 4Rnr)

5. John (Sloguy)

7. Greg (Gregulator)

8. Kris (Kris_olof)

9.Scott (ScottV - K3SLV)

Hey Jeff,

Here is what I found on the Sierra Trek Volunteer link you sent me a couple of years ago. 

(Link removed per request)

Seems the link is now for 2022 Sierra Trek.

Looks like the volunteer cost is $100 and if you want to do a Fordyce run it's an additional $125 at least that's how I read it. However it does say you get a free run but that may be our Outer Limits Run.

Take a look and let me know what you think. 

May 4, 2022
10:42 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Thanks John. Can you take off the link since this is a public page and not a members only page? We don't want people using it who aren't actually volunteers. I will PM the link to the people who have signed up to help with the run. The Outer Limits run would not count as a run, so you can sign up for a run in addition to the Outer Limits run as far as I know.

I sent all of the above listed volunteers a PM regarding registration. Gil, I added you to the list.

May 5, 2022
7:36 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Besides Scott, who else is planning on just coming up for the day on Saturday to help with the Outer Limits run? I spoke to the Sierra Trek chairman last night and ideally they would like all volunteers to be registered for Sierra Trek. Part of the reason is because of liability issues. In 2018 a volunteer was killed when his Jeep rolled as he was moving it while staffing winch hill 2. If we have others who were not planning to register than I need to know who so we can look at our options.

On the issue of runs, when you register as a volunteer you will be asked a few questions. Be sure indicate that you are with Gold Hills Posse as that will associate you with the Outer Limits run. You can also sign up for a committee run, which is a run for committee members (volunteers). If you want to do an addition run, you can pay for an additional run in addition to your free run and the Outer Limits run.

May 5, 2022
7:40 am
Sloguy

Club Member

Hey Jeff,

Which committee run did you sign up for?

I plan on registering today.

John

May 5, 2022
9:20 am
Jeff_R
Meadow Vista

Club Member

Sloguy said
Hey Jeff,

Which committee run did you sign up for?

I plan on registering today.

John

When I registered I didn't understand what they were asking so I just put something down but I plan to change it. What are the options? Perhaps the river run on Friday? We can't do anything on Saturday since we have the Outer Limits run that day.

Forum Timezone: America/Los_Angeles
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
JohnDF: 9523
Fred: 3609
Gregulator: 3050
RobD: 1721
Jeff_R: 1703
Josh: 1631
Tom: 1465
Justin: 1416
Gilbert & Betty: 1397
Dan-H: 1378
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 139
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 24
Topics: 4234
Newest Members:
guy67x8010703593, liliaridenour1, Robertwer, [email protected], Ski man, RomikaHill, JKJeepGirl, frostie_jeep, RockyRaccoon
Moderators: Posse4x4: 1, BKGM Jeepers: 6994, Lynda and Guy: 196, kris_olof: 1088, Jamie (K6NUB): 724
Administrators: k-jeep: 2225
Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: Jeff_R, 2013JKUR
Upcoming: Timfountain63CJ5